Finding the best LED Star projector that provides excellent picture quality, which requires little maintenance, which can last up to 20,000 hours before they need a replacement, and whose star ceiling projection is bright, super sharp, HD with flawless details is kinda tricky in an already saturated Skylite projector market.
We have gathered a list of the top 7 best LED home planetariums that offer excellent picture quality with amazing detailing. These projectors are lightweight, durable, beautifully designed, and budget-friendly with multiple timers and brightness adjustment settings.
These LED projectors are multi-purpose. You can use them in parties, ceremonies, for gaming and Youtubing, for work and yoga, and most importantly, for falling asleep.
Check out the top 3 best we get to your list.
Best LED Star Projector
The Best LED projector is one whose LEDs are of high quality with virtually zero maintenance and a longer lifespan.
That projector should be within budget because LEDs are cheaper. The best LED projector should be able to display stunningly detailed stars and galaxies with deep blacks, shadow details, and sharpness.
I have only listed those models that are compact, lightweight, cheap, durable, and easy to use with high performance.
List of Best Led Star projector 2022
Sega Homestar Original Black
BlissLights Sky Lite – Laser Star Projector
YSD Night Lighting Lamp, Modern Star Rotating Galaxy
National Geographic Astro Planetarium Multimedia
SOAIY Night Light, LED Aurora Projector
Omegon Star Theater Pro LED projector
Riarmo Galaxy LED Sky lite Projector
1. Sega Homestar Original Black Star Projector
Sega Homestar Original Black Reviews
Sega Homestar Original Black has a very powerful 3-watt LED system that can project 60000+ stars and constellations with ultra-brightness and sharpness.
It is a great learning tool for kids. The quality and realism of constellations are appreciable.
This unit is lightweight, durable, it is energy efficient, and compact in size and shape. I would say, Sega Homestar is the best LED Star projector in terms of realism and quality of the projection.
Why choose Sega Homestar Original Black LED projector
- The bright LEDs can project 60000 starts with clarity and mind-blowing realism. The constellations are clear as well.
- Turn on the rotating mode, shooting start will pop up after a couple of seconds in the middle of the star ceiling projection.
- The unit is energy efficient, soundless while working, lightweight, highly durable, and easy to carry (portable).
- Both of the discs are HD.
- 3 different timer settings
- LEDs will not get heated even if you use them the whole night.
- 4 additional discs of Wrapped Andromeda, Southern Hemisphere, Day Earth and Moon, and Night Earth and the Moon are available as well.
The purpose of the Skylite PROJECTOR is to provide a soothing, relaxing, and magical environment for the kids to help them fall asleep, or for adults to help to relax a bit.
Sega Homestar Original Black not only provides all the relaxations and mind-blowing experience of mesmerizing stars and constellations, and but it’s a great learning tool for kids too.
2. BlissLights Sky Lite LED projector
BlissLights Sky Lite Reviews
BlissLights Sky Lite is the bestselling LED galaxy room light. It is lightweight, compact, it can project detailed and bright stars and blue nebula that can mesmerize you.
You won’t believe how realistic its nebula projection is. Stars and nebula working at the same time are worth watching.
Why choose BlissLights Sky Lite LED galaxy room light
- It is powered by a 3-foot AC adapter.
- The unit is smaller than a hand. It is portable and lightweight.
- BlissLights is excellent for all the indoor activities like gaming, relaxing, sleeping, movies, You Tubing, etc.
- It has a very wide range of star ceiling projections.
- It comes in two colors. Green-blue and cobalt blue.
- No more noise problem as we have heard complaints in the past. BlissLights has fixed it.
- This unit has 4 buttons on its panel. First, on is the ON/OFF button which is also used to projects stars and nebula. 1st click for stars, 2nd click for nebula, and on 3rd click the unit is power off.
- 2nd buttons will rotate the star ceiling projection clockwise.
- 3rd button is used for brightness adjustment.
The overall mixture of stars, nebula, and perfect brightness results in a magnificent, beautiful, detailed, sharp, and realistic projection that is perfect for any occasion.
BlissLights Sky Lite may be the best value Skylite projector in the market. The color patterns, stars, nebula, and realism of the projection are excellent for indoor use.
You can project the nebula, and stars separately, but mixing them creates a magical environment.
The product is budget-friendly, lightweight, it works on LEDs which means it will not consume much electricity, and most importantly, BlissLights LED projector creates a wonderfully relaxing environment.
Checkout Our list of Best galaxy projectors
3. YSD Night Lighting Lamp LED projector
YSD Night Lighting Lamp Review
YSD Night Lighting light may be the best LED Star projector for kids. It offers a wide range of color patterns that can cover the entire room.
The unit is so lightweight and compact, you can carry it around without any difficulty.
It is powered by a lithium-ion battery that can last 12 – 14 hours after fully charged. Very convenient in the modern era where everything is slowly switching on to cellphone batteries which can be charged anywhere with an AC adapter.
Why choose YSD Night Lighting Lamp LED Skylite projector
- 8 different color combinations to choose from
- Huge LCD where you can see the timer
- A 1200 Mah battery. USB charging port.
- The remote control has a decent signal range.
- YSD has a 360-degrees rotation.
- The projection itself is very detailed, sharp, HD, realistic, and extremely relaxing.
- Very easy to program.
- Kids will love it in their room.
- Best suited for ceremonies, parties, yoga sessions, movies, and sleeping.
- It is not only best for indoor usage but great for outdoors too. Take it with you on a camping trip, or a picnic at night. It will not disappoint you.
YSD Night Lighting Lamp LED projector is a fantastic little gadget for kids that is also suitable for adults to create a soothing, relaxing, partying, quit, and sleepy environment.
It is all in one. The unit is not only small and lightweight, but it also to carry around.
The operation is soundless, the LEDs will not get heat up, the projection is magnificently detailed and realistic, and the 8 different color patterns are fascinating.
I highly recommend this unit.
4. National Geographic Astro projector
National Geographic Astro Reviews
National Geographic Astro isn’t cool because of its brand name, but it is a very good Sky lite projector with constellations, an mp3 player, radio, and much more. The unit itself is super lightweight and compact. The design is very funky and stylish.
This model requires 3 AA batteries which makes it completely portable and convenient. It opens up a lot of options if you want to bring your LED projector to camping, a friend’s house, etc.
Why choose National Geographic Astro LED Sky lite projector
- The LEDs used in this model are high-end. More than 80,000 stars are projected with such realism, sharpness, depth, and clarity.
- There is an analog dial at the front that shows the date and time.
- Two stereo built-in speakers are attached to both sides. The quality of the audio is fair.
- There is an ON/OFF button. The projection button. The 30 – 60 mint timer button. The rotation button will allow the unit to either rotate clockwise or anti-clockwise at 360-degrees rotation.
- Buttons glow in the dark which is kinda cool too.
- There is an AUX cable included with the package.
- The built-in radio and mp3 player will come in handy.
National Geographic Astro LED galaxy room light delivers a very promising result. The mixture of stars and galaxies is amazingly realistic, bright, and on the money.
Very highly quality LEDs are being used in this model. Even if you turn it on the whole night, I don’t think the unit will heat up.
It is a powered AA battery that will last for quite some time if you use it wisely.
There are names on the constellations which makes it a great learning tool for kids between the ages of 8 – 12 years.
It has the National Geographic brand name attached to it. Nothing would go wrong I believe.
5. SOAIY Night Light LED Sky lite Projector
SOAIY Night Light Reviews
SOAIY star projector is an LED-based projector with 8 different color pattern settings. It can be a night light, and an Aurora projector based on your preference.
The unit is super small, lightweight, highly durable, reliable, and portable. The projection is incredibly realistic and detailed. You can feel the aurora northern lights in your room as if you were at the North Pole.
Why choose SOAIY Sky lite projector
- This model has 3 different brightness settings (30%, 60%, and 100%).
- There are 4 different timer settings. It will not only save electricity, but timer options are reliable in general.
- It has a remote control too.
- AUX cable plugs at the back. Use it as an MP3 player too. 6 natural soundtracks are already pre-install in it.
- Rotate it manually.
- SOAIY star projector is smaller than your hand.
- If you remove the dome at the top, it will project aurora lights. Leave the dome on the top, you get will beautiful night light.
- The ON/OFF button also works as a scene selector.
SOAIY Sky lite projector has 8 different aurora patterns. With perfect brightness adjust, you get a blend of mesmerizing, beautiful, and realistic light patterns in your house.
I like to set my unit at 30% brightness to get a soothing and relaxing environment.
If you are trying to get a quality night light for your kids to help them fall asleep, or a soothing northern light for yourself to help you relax during work or yoga, the SOAIY star projector is built for you.
The unit is extremely lightweight, durable, it has different timer and brightness settings, built-in speakers, pre-installed soundtracks, it is energy-efficient and budget-friendly. What else do you want?
I would 100% recommend the SOAIY LED Sky lite projector if you are looking for a model that is for adults and kids.
Checkout Our budget-friendly star projectors
6. Omegon Star Theater Pro LED projector
Star Theater Pro Reviews
Star Theater Pro projector is stylish, lightweight, it can project more than 10000 stars with ultra-brightness, sharpness, and realism.
It is powered by a micro USB port which means you can either use a camera, laptop, power bank, or an adapter to charge this unit. This feature not only makes it portable but also super convenient.
Why choose the Star Theater Pro LED galaxy projecto
- 24 additional super colorful and bright discs like stars wars, Nebula clouds, and many others are also available for you.
- Adjust the focus and sharpness of the star ceiling projection using a focus dial at the center.
- The shape and design are futuristic and modern. Trust you would love it. It can even be used as a home décor item.
- Rotation mode will display the hidden edges of the projection disc. You can slowly see the entire image in that mode.
- High quality LED lighting source is being used. It will only optimize the image quality but will save energy too.
- It is silent at work.
There are a total of 4 buttons on the control panel. The ON/OFF button, the rotation button, the timer button, and the compartment button.
There is no rattling or wiggling sound of the internal parts when you shake the unit. It is a sign of quality and excellent manufacturing.
Star Theater Pro LED projector has all those qualities that a high-end unit should have and the good news is, it is budget-friendly as well.
The optical clarity, depth, brightness, and sharpness of the starry sky are beautiful and relaxing. It is an excellent choice for kids, but grownups can use it for YouTubing, Gaming, movies, and parties as well.
I have only listened best of the best, and this model on our best LED Star projector list due to its futuristic design, and quality performance.
7. Riarmo Galaxy LED Star Projector
Riarmo Galaxy LED Sky lite Reviews
Riarmo Galaxy LED Star Projector is using a high-end LED lighting source to project over 16 different lighting patterns with ultra-sharpness, realism, brightness. The quality of the projection will set you on a visual tour.
This model includes two remote controls, stereos speakers, it has different settings, and voice commands. All of these features come in a very low price tag.
Why choose Riarmo Galaxy LED Star Projector
- Riarmo Galaxy has four basic colors (green, blue, red, and white). These basic colors form 16 different lighting modes.
- It has two remote controls which are great for clumsy people like me.
- Brightness can be adjusted from 35%, 75%, to 100%. I prefer low light. It all depends on personal preference.
- Connects wirelessly with your cellphone form over a distance of 10m. The built-in stereo speakers are not bad at all.
- The LED lighting source is not cheap at all. It will not get heat up even if you’ve run it for 5 – 8 hours straight. It has been proven.
- You can even set the Nebula in the flow mode which will flow like a water.
- You can even adjust the speed of the flowing Nebula. How cool is that?
It has passed all the safety tests regarding laser and LED beams. Don’t worry about that. But, to be sure, don’t look directly in to the projection beam.
This multi-purpose LED star projector has tons of futuristic features like voice command, 16 lighting modes, focus and brightness, adjustment, nebula flow mode with adjustable speed, and a built-in stereo.
Riarmo Galaxy LED Star Projector suitable for any situation or environment. The quality of the star ceiling projection is honestly outstanding. I love all the color patterns. Especially that nebula flow is beautiful and relaxing.
I highly recommend getting one of these for your kids, or yourself. Trust me this projector will not disappoint you.
Best LED Star Projector Buyer’s Guide
It was quite tough to find the top 7 best LED Star projectors in a saturated market, but we have selected these models so that you won’t have to surf through the internet or in stores.
Before making a purchasing decision, you must know some important details like the product’s weight, durability, lifespan, projection quality, budget, and other features like remote control, stereo speakers, and timer settings.
You can access the in-depth buyer’s guide on galaxy room light projectors in general by reading our main article, but I have highlighted some of the main points that you should know before buying any LED projector.
Quality of the LEDs being used
Quality LEDs have excellent lamp life, low heat outputs, they need virtually zero maintenance with lumen output.
Fortunately, we have only selected those models whose LED performance is top-notch considering the price tag.
Each model on our list is using high quality LED lamp with superb heat outputs.
Use of LED star projector
Projectors are distinguished based on the purpose of use. Form a childish, cartoonish sleepy environment to more of a fun, relaxing, and funky night light.
For kids, models like Sega Homestar classic, Flux, bliss lights, and Death star are preferred because of the beautiful, relaxing, and sleeping environment they can create.
Not only that, these units are great learning tools too.
For adults, SOAIY, and Star Theater pro are great because they can be used in a party, movie, for gaming and Youtubing, ceremonies, and relaxation in general for adults.
Let’s address the elephant in the room. Not everyone can afford expensive home gadgets. Projectors, in general, are expensive, but LED star projectors
on our list affordable with great specs.
Only SEGA models are a bit pricy, but the rest of the night lights are within a budget-friendly range.
And the good news is,
Each projector offers excellent features and projection quality despite being budget-friendly.
I would suggest purchasing a unit that uses a USB port as a power source. By doing so, your projector can be portable and you power it by using a camera, laptop, power bank, etc.
Most of the units come with AC adapters which is great, but it cut away the portability option.
Batteries are also cool. You can carry your unit where you want if it is on batteries, but they will run out eventually.
Choosing a unit with a USB port as a power source is just my opinion. You can choose otherwise depending on your personal preference.
Timer and brightness settings
Timer setting is extremely important for saving electricity, and to provide convenience for clumsy peeps like us.
I wear specs so I low light instead of intense high brightness. That is why brightness adjustment is necessary because different people have different preferences.
Fortunately, all of the home planetariums on our list offer different timer and brightness settings for convenience.
We have tried our level best to enlist some of the best LED Star projectors on the market currently.
There are a ton of options available but things can get messy if you don’t which features should be considered before making a buying decision.
Each unit is distinguished on the basis of weight, projection quality, durability, lifespan, price, and additional features.
In our expert opinion, SEGA FLUX, STAR THEATER PRO, AND RIARMO are the best LED Star projectors.
If you disagree with our reviews, you can comment below, or you can this article with your loved ones if you somehow like it.