In this article, we have reviewed the best 3D projectors currently available on the market. Each projector is unique in its own way. We have spent hours researching and defining the top-rated features to find the best 3D projectors for you.
By having the knowledge of these features and specifications, you’ll be able to make a well-informed decision meeting your all requirements.
Undoubtedly, a true home theatre cinema experience can be obtained only with a 3D projector that is capable of turning your favorite characters from TV shows to seem real.
You will get to know the feeling of depth with a 3D projector that is unnoticeable in 2D projectors.
We have reviewed some of the significant features such as brightness, resolution, display technology, contrast ratio, and many others to help you make the best choice. After the experts’ reviews and customers’ opinions, the following 7 best projectors are summed up.
1. Optoma UHD50X – Best 3D Projector
The Ultra-Detail technology is capable of providing a high-quality home cinema experience with true 4K UHD having 8.3 million distinct on-screen pixels.
Its eight-segment color wheel also produces sharp and vivid images while the compatibility with the HDR10 and HLG delivers an immersive visual experience.
If you are a gaming enthusiast just like me, then you will enjoy the best gaming mode with reduced input lag down to 16ms displaying 1080p resolution at a 240Hz refresh rate. In my experience, this is the quickest input response time with incredible results.
Even at 4K, I had experienced 60fps and at 1080p, it was 120fps. The picture quality, color reproduction, and almost every feature proved outstanding for me for might not be similar for everyone.
If you are in search of a projector that is perfect for only movies then you may go for other options available in the market but this one is specifically for gamers with an ultra-smooth response rate.
Why Choose Optoma UHD50X True 4K UHD Projector?
- If your priority is good colors, low input, fast refresh rate, and great brightness, then Optoma UHD50X is an ideal projector for you.
- Due to its easy installation, you can place it anywhere and also mount it on the ceiling.
- With a 5 to 15% vertical lens shift, you can adjust the picture right in front of you.
- With 15,000 hours of lamp life, you can easily watch two hours movies on daily basis for more than 10 years.
Connections & Controls
- Optoma UHD50X has extensive connectivity options including gaming consoles.
- HDMI devices such as Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K, Apple TV 4K.
- Google Chromecast 4K, 4K Blu-ray, Roku Ultra, and media players.
- It includes dual HDMI, Audio In, Audio Out, and S/PDIF out.
- USB 2.0, USB power, and RS-232 C.
We also have reviewed the top gaming projectors currently available in the market.
2. BenQ TK850i True 4K HDR-PRO Smart Home Entertainment 3D Projector
With the most extensive entertainment library of BenQ, you can enjoy watching TV shows, movies, sports or even live TV.
Its easy-to-use interface gives access to Google Play for whole family fun.
It supports 5000+ latest Android Apps, and other content from movies, and TV shows, anytime and anywhere without any restrictions.
The optical system utilizes high-quality glass for superior realism. While its precision 10-element 8-group lens array permits greater light penetration for extended 4K intensity.
Why Choose BenQ TK850i True 4K HDR-PRO?
- The breathtaking true 4K UHD resolution of BenQ TK850i is capable of reducing blur with 8.3 million distinct pixels for clarity and crispness of every moment.
- The dedicated sports mode increases the video quality with realistic skin tones.
- This mode also boosts the intensity by highlighting the commentary and roar of the crowd.
- With a 10% vertical lens shift, it can perfectly fit in any room by providing the convenience of the dynamic range of projection heights and distances.
Connections & Controls
- USB Type-A to transfer data at up to 5Gbit/s.
- Display content from disks directly without the need for cables with USB Media Reader.
- Can cast with Chromecast and AirPlay without requiring apps.
- HDMI cable needed to cast Netflix content or Laptop Google Chrome Browser helps in displaying content.
If you are out of budget checkout our guide about top rated projector under 500.
3. Epson Home Cinema 5050UB 4K PRO UHD Projector
Epson has been known for having some best pixel shift technology that is pushed further in 5050UB. I tested the clarity and details in the picture by watching Mad Max: Fury Road and the results were astonishing.
The experienced latency on this projector was 23 to 27ms which is pretty darned good for Epson 5050UB. Although I haven’t tested its latency for hardcore fps games it is strikingly awesome for solo-player games.
The 3D feature is incredible on this projector as it is capable of eradicating any need for going to Cinema/Theater.
If you have a big screen and Epson 5050UB, then nothing can beat the real home theater experience.
Why Choose Epson 5050UB?
- You can easily watch 16:9 and 2.35:1 aspect ratios without an anamorphic lens with the help of its motorized lens with lens memory.
- Its auto-detector feature easily detects sources.
- If 4K content is being displayed the projector will automatically detect it and switch to HDR colors.
- The most highlighted features are deep blacks, vibrant colors, sharp 4K resolution, and 3D Blu-ray quality.
Connections & Controls
- It supports 2 HDMI.
- Analog RGB as PC Input.
- 2 USB ports, LAN internet.
- 12 V trigger ad RS-232 remote port.
- There are no audio input and output.
- Also, it lacks digital audio output.
4. XGIMI Horizon Pro 4K Projector
XGIMI Horizon Pro has built-in automatic keystone correction and an integrated AI-powered algorithm for image sensing that allows it to identify intelligently ad keep away any obstacle within the projection area by automatically adjusting the screen and image on it.
If you are an avid gamer and have already tried projectors with PC or PS4, then you will find some noticeable features including lower latency rate and lag as compared to other DLP projectors.
The Harman/Kardon speakers are ideal for providing outstanding audio. It also supports DTS Studio and Dolby Audio files by strengthening the quality of sound in a better way.
Why Choose XGIMI Horizon Pro?
- XGIMI delivers a remarkable 4K resolution and also 8.3 million pixels.
- I tested the projection on 120 inches screen and received impressive clarity and picture detail.
- Even in the darkness picture is perfect and the result is highly competitive with Sony 4K XBR and Samsung 4K UHD.
- It includes premium hardware to attract even Apple users to make it fit into their décor.
- Although it has lots of astonishing features due to its software limitations, you can’t use it natively for all media needs.
Connections & Controls
- A variety of options are available to connect XGIMI Horizon Pro including 2 HDMI.
- 1 USB port, internet via LAN cable and you can also plug headphones for a hypnotic audio experience.
- If you get irritated by unnecessary cables very often, then Wi-Fi and Bluetooth features of this projector are specifically made for you.
Check out our roundups about the top-rated camping projectors
5. BenQ HT5550 True 4K UHD Home Theater Projector
BenQ HT5550 has been tested by using special instruments and software for precise D65 color temperature, black & white levels, gamma, natural grey, hue, saturation, brightness, and output based on DCI-P3 and Rec. 709.
It supports 24 frames per second that accept high definition sources without any judder to conserve the purity of the original image to be displayed at the correct cadence.
Why Choose BenQ HT5550?
- The dustproof design prevents light leakage and accentuates enchanting aesthetics.
- The patterned lens ring blocks stray light while the anti-dust lens hood keeps it safe from dust accumulation.
- HT5550 offers a big zoom for a wide range of throw distances to increase installation flexibility for easy placement and diverse mounting.
- 2D lens shift provides a dynamic range of projection distances and heights.
- It is structured into 6-groups with a metal barrel and cell framework with greater light penetration to deliver long-lasting 4K intensity, with incredible color performance and clarity across the whole screen.
Connections & Controls
- It supports a wide range of connections such as 2 HDMI.
- USB Type-A.
- USB Type-B mini, 3.5mm mini-jack, Audio out S/PDIF.
- LAN (RJ45), RS-232 In, DC 12V trigger, and IR receiver.
- Other controls are Wired Remote.
- Special Feature HDR.
- LAN Control, Motion Enhancer and Cinema Master Video.
6. Epson Home Cinema 2040 1080p 3D Projector
The image details and clarity is up to the mark as I tested it after sitting at a distance of 14 feet away from the screen but still the results and resolution were unbelievable.
By selecting the dynamic, the colors of the picture are enhanced dramatically. Even the contrast ratio, brightness, and all features are remarkably wonderful and are capable of beating any competitive projector with higher price tags.
Its sleek design and lightweight make it easy to handle. Images can be adjusted perfectly.
Fast frames never smear. Everything is almost perfect in it so I’d suggest it without any hesitations.
Why Choose Epson Home Cinema 2040?
- If you are wondering if the 1080p image will look bad on your screen, then you might be wrong in the case of Epson 2040.
- You’ll be blown away by the vibrant and crisp colors of the image.
- This projector is also widely used by graphics professionals and they have found nothing compromising the clarity and brightness of the image.
- Even the fan noise was unnoticeable.
- You can also use it for outdoor movie night setups. The 3D can be enabled by simply one click.
- If you love watching 3D, then I’d suggest Epson ELPGS03 glasses.
Connections & Controls
- The connectivity options include 2 HDMI (1MHL).
- 2 RCA, 1 RCA Composite.
- 1 VGA D-sub 15pin, and 1 USB Type-A.
- It can also be connected to Blu-ray Disc Player, streaming devices, and gaming consoles.
7. BenQ TH685i 1080p 4K HDR Gaming Projector
To project a 100 inches image, BenQ TH6850i needs 8-feet 3-inches distance. I adjusted the projector for 90 inches image size at 7 feet 3 inches distance and faced minor annoyance in getting the image well focused.
It delivers robust audio that you’d ever expect from its built-in 5-watt mono speaker. Credit goes to its chamber design for having such amazing audio quality within the small unit with volume high enough to fill a large family room.
Its remote has navigations for Google Assistant and Amazon Prime Video. There are also some buttons for accessing Android TV settings.
Why Choose BenQ TH685i 1080p?
- You can enjoy an astonishing gaming experience with a 120 Hz refresh rate that can even beat a PC, with its super smooth and low latency rate.
- The system changes its refresh rate whenever a 120Hz signal is detected from the console or PC.
- The measured brightness uniformity was 7.1% at its widest zoom and 83% at its longest zoom.
- It has seven diverse SDR picture modes and these modes are specifically for HDR10, 2D, and HLG by detecting an appropriate signal.
- The light output of TH685i is comparably more than its counterpart TH865.
- Its light is enough even in the presence of a little bit of ambient daylight.
Connections & Controls
The image inputs of BenQ TH685i include 2 HDMI 2.0b ports that support HDCP 2.2. A USB port is strictly meant for delivering power to HDMI dongles.
USB Type-A, PC D-sub in, 3.5mm audio in, 3.5mm audio out, and RS-232 are the remaining connectors to this projector.
How to Choose Best 3D Projector- Buying Guide
Focusing on the following features when purchasing the best 3D projector will help you make the ideal decision and optimize your viewing experience. These features can also be considered as ‘Pros’ of a projector.
If you are passionate about gaming on your projector, low input lag will be most crucial to consider first.
A latency rate of 30ms and below is considered fast enough for a good gaming experience.
With low input lag, a high frame rate is also significant in keeping the smooth motion and preventing motion blur.
A-frame rate of 120Hz is ideal at 4K resolution and 240Hz is perfect at Full HD to produce sharper and clearer images.
The projectors by Optoma, Epson, and BenQ, all meet this criterion and are amazing for gaming. Among all these three, BenQTH685i has the lowest latency rate of 83ms.
Most 3D projectors use a Frame Sequential transmission that allows them to project content from 3D systems.
They aren’t able to play directly from Blu-ay players and other content sources.
On the other hand, full 3D projectors support multiple transmission formats for displaying 3D content. They also replace the need of buying extra accessories.
Unluckily, these types of projectors are not so common in the home theater market, but there are some models that come close to supporting 3 or 4 transmission formats such as BenQ TH850i.
Recommended Guide: Do 3D Projectors Need A Special Screen?
Some people do not have dedicated space for home theater but still, need a projector that can work with their environment.
If there is plenty of ambient light in your home, you might need a projector with a brighter lamp.
Similarly, screen size and lamp will also go side by side to decide about the throw distance. To project a 100 inches image, the standard throw will be around 8 to 10 feet.
It is common in most 3D projectors to display 3D content at only 1080p resolution.
3D movies and video games can also be displayed at 4K UHD resolution. For the best 3D projector, 4K resolution might sound appealing but it is not necessarily important.
In comparison to 4K TVs, 4K Pro UHD projectors are highly expensive specifically in the case of 1080p resolution.
Generally, it is recommended to purchase a 3D projector with at least 2500 to 3000 lumens of brightness.
By comparing the difference between the white and black images, you can calculate the contrast ratio.
The higher contrast ratio indicates greater picture quality with clarity and better colors.
Here is the detailed guide about projector resolution
Though projectors are not so loud, an integrated speaker can be paired with external ones or a home theater to amplify it. Some models also have an SRS sound system for even better sound quality.
A compact size enhances the portability of the projector so it can fit perfectly in any place.
A lightweight projector can be stored conveniently and you can also mount it anywhere to have entertainment. Fortunately, the majority of 3D projectors are light in weight.
A lamp or bulb refers to the source of light being used in the projector. Their types include LED, metal halide, and laser technology.
Roughly, lamp life range from 2000 or more than 4000 in metal halide projectors. In the case of LED projectors, the lamp life reaches above 20,000 hours.
Compared with the above two, laser projectors are the brightest but LED lamps are significantly quieter as well as deliver better colors as compared to metal halide lamps.