Some crazy gamers are still struggling to find the best gaming projectors with 4k resolution, HDR 10 support, more than 60Hz display, and can be compatible with next-generation consoles.
Every gamer has a dream to play shooting, adventure, or racing games on a big screen with vibrant colors, low input lag, bezel-less screen with a balanced contrast ratio, isnâ€™t it?Â
Here is the good news for you;
We have compiled a list of top-rated gaming projectors for your home theater with the highest possible refresh rate, brightest and bigger picture, perfectly optimized for next gen-consoles, and can provide mind-blowing FPS.
We know that you are shifting from Monitor or TV to projector to get bigger and bezels less display with versatile portability, connection, and controls, etc. thatâ€™s why we have done practical tests on each projectors gaming performance, consult with industries experts and projectors owners to sort out the list of most powerful and highest-selling home theater projector for gaming.
BestÂ Gaming Projectors 2022 – High FPS, low Input Lag
After intensive research and experience, we have concluded that a projector with very low input lag, bigger screen, deeper blacks, impressive frame rate, decent resolutions, and contrast ratio is the best gaming projector for home theater.
We canâ€™t compromise other things like lamp life, durability, connections, controls, etc. but we have to prioritize the above ones because nowadays every projector is durable with a minimum of 3000 to 4000 hours of lamp life versatile connections, and control, etc. so focus on the most essential things first.
Letâ€™s have a Look at our concluded list;
List of Best Gaming Projectors 2022
BenQ TH685 1080p Gaming Projector
Optoma UHD30 True 4K UHD Gaming Projector
BenQ TH671ST 1080p Short Throw Gaming Projector
BenQ TK700STi 4K HDR Short Throw Gaming Projector
Epson Home Cinema 5050UB
BenQ X1300i 4LED 1080p HDR Gaming Projector
Optoma UHD50X True 4K UHD Projector
ViewSonic 1080p Short Throw Projector
1. BenQ TH685 1080p Gaming Projector
BenQ TH685 Review
TH685 comes with extremely low input lag which skyrockets my gaming experience even on a very big screen. BenQ added the high refresh rate of 120Hz on 1080p and 60Hz on 4k with HDR mode to further improve the gaming experience even in HDR 10 mode.
Other than that benQ perfectly optimized this beast for the latest consoles like PS5, PS4, and other latest Xbox X variants, I didn’t feel any difficulty during the setup but you cant play games on native 4k on PS5.
Also, BenQ has utilized the latest 5 watts, speaker, with next-generation cinema master audio +2 to provide ultra-refined audio quality according to the scene of the game, in short, they have claimed that you will get perfectly optimized audio for games with lots of custom audio modes.
Furthermore, you will get mind-blowing brightness, and contrast ratio with an ultra-wide color gamut to balance them properly, also, you can play 3D content on sufficient picture quality well.
Why choose BenQ TH685 Gaming Projector
- This is a native 1080p projector but it provides you 4k input and HDR 10 to further enhance the whites, blacks shadows, and highlights.
- Since this is a gaming projector, the primary focus is input lag, BenQ has done a great job to insert the 120Hz display which will lower the input lag to 8.3ms on 1080p mode, however, on 4K mode, you will get a 60Hz display with slightly higher input lag.
- TH685 is a supper bright projector with 3500 ANSI lumen and a 10000:1 contrast ratio to balance the colors, brightness, and texture of gaming.
- BenQ further utilizes the 6 segment color wheel with 95% rec.709 and 30 bits color processing to project the most accurate and vivid colors in gaming and movie mode, this projector is powerful enough to projector 1.07 billion colors.
- Sufficient connections and controls with all essential ports, buttons, and a fully functional remote control.
- A powerful 5-watts speaker with cinema master audio +2 will provide you with top-notch sound quality and intelligence enough to convert sounds according to the scenes and modes of the projector.
- BenQ also utilized the most powerful lamp that can last for 15,000 hours on ECO mode, also the lens has the functionality to adjust keystone automatically as well.
- Besides these all functionalities BenQ still provides you with 3 years of limited warranty.
Design of TH685
On the top you will get a lot of buttons and dials; however, on the bottom, you will have a few adjustable legs to place it at any angle
The front of this projector has a big lens and scream ventilations on the corner, on the other hand, you will get a lot of ports on the backside.
The sides ofÂ TH685 have adequate ventilation for airflow and sound.
Connections and controls of BenQ TH685
- BenQ H685 comes with a fully functional remote control, a bunch of buttons, and dials on the top to control the whole unit.
- 2 HDMI HDCP 2.2 ports.
- 1 USB 1.5A.
- Audio in/out.
- PC input.
- Monitor output.
Performance of BenQ TH685
The gaming performance of this projector is mindblowing because this is a vibrant and legless projector with sufficient black levels and sharpness, however, in 4K HDR mode you may feel slightly higher input lag but it’s completely bearable as you are not going to invest thousands of bucks.
Besides the legless display, BenQ added a wider color gamut to provide vivid colors, as gamers need more kinds of brighter colors, however, in movies you may find slightly lesser blacks because of higher brightness.
When it comes to day performance this beauty can provide you with average picture quality in harsh ambient, Normal quality in slightly ambient and high performance in a dark cave. You have to place it in a dark cave to see the actual performance.
The HDR performance of this projector is better as compared to other competitors because it has high lumens and a wider color gamut to blend the colors and brightness precisely.
When it comes to audio performance, BenQ TH685 comes with impressive sound quality with preset modes to further improve the sound quality according to the games, however, if you are a hardcore sound lover please attach your speakers.
If you are hunting for the best gaming projector under 1000 with a legless display, vivid colors, razor-sharper image, and able to play HDR and 3D content as well this is for you.
BenQ contentiously dominates the market with a brighter, sharper, and lag-free projector. Since input lag, sharpness, colors, and brightness are the main factors of gaming, BenQ combines all factors in TH685 to skyrocket your gaming experience.
You can get tremendous picture quality even on 100 inches large screen.
We rate this model 9.8/10 for gaming.
2. Optoma UHD30 – Current Best Gaming Projector
Optoma UHD30 Review
Optoma has claimed that UHD30 Comes with a 240Hz refresh rate, the latest DLP chip, 8 segments color wheel, and breath-taking brightness to play the latest games on the big screen without lagging. In my opinion, UHD30 is one of the best gaming projectors even in 2022.
I get about 15.7-16ms input lag on 1080p and 26ms on 4K mode which is mindblowing even if you are playing online.
Since this is a 4k UHD projector with high ANSI lumens and Contrast ratio you will never feel low details muted color, brightness, and blacks even on a large screen.
Furthermore, you can enjoy gaming on HDR10 and HLG mode with normal input lag, enhanced shadows, colors, highlights, and blacks.
Also, this projector comes with dynamic blacks to create a high contrast ratio for providing white scenes brighter and clear however the dark scenes remain detailed with deeper black levels.
Other than that this projector comes with a long-lasting lamp that can last for 15,000 hours on ECO mode and can project 302 inches flawless screen from 14 feet away.
Why choose Optoma UHD30 True 4K gaming projector
- With extremely low input lag with the best refresh rate of 240Hz, gamers will fall in love with its smoothness and details.
- Industries leading DLP chip combined with 8 segments (RGBWRGBW) color wheel to provide crisp clear and detailed image quality even in huge screen. 8 segments color wheel is wider and powerful enough to provide rich, vivid, and extremely accurate colors, however, the DLP chip is also powerful enough to project 8.3 million pixels on the screen, in short, you will get sharper and more detailed picture quality.
- UHD30 comes with an impressive brightness of 3,400 lumens and a contrast ratio of 500,000:1 to provide brighter picture quality even in a slightly ambient room.
- You can experience HDR10 and HLG to feel more colors, shadows, and details of your favorite games.
- Also, supports 3D content in full HD, and you will get flicker-free picture quality in HDR mode as well.
- Comes with an enhanced gaming mode to further reduce the input lag and improve the colors according to the games.
- Versatile connections and controls with a fully functional remote control multiple ports on the back and lots of buttons and dials on the top to operate the projector.
- Eye strain-free technology to protect your eyes.
- Dual speaker with decent sound, also its portable design will help you to carry it.
Design of Optoma UHD30
Though Optoma UHD is a powerful gaming projector still it is lightweight and compact to carry, on the top you will get some buttons and dials to adjust keystones, zooming, etc. however, on the bottom, you will get adjustable legs to place it at any suitable angle.
The front of this projector has a big lens with a focus ring and an IR sensor; however, on the backside, you will get all ports to integrate your stuff.
On the sides, you will get scream ventilation for airflow and sound flow.
Connection and Controls of Optoma UHD30
- A fully functional remote control, a bunch of buttons, and dials on the top to control the whole unit.
- HDMI 2.0.
- HDMI 1.4a.
- Audio Input/output.
- USB 5V 1.5A
- USB for service only.
- VGA input.
- 12V trigger.
Performance of Optoma UHD30 true HD
The gaming performance of this projector is mind-blowing in 1080p and 4K mode in terms of input lag but when you increase the screen size from 100-120 inches you may find the brightness is decreasing drastically. You can enjoy gaming on more the 120 inches but in a dark cave.
The enhanced gaming mode of this projector will help you to reduce input lag but you will lose the keystone settings and you need to do it again, I donâ€™t know why Optoma doesnâ€™t mention it.
Overall the color accuracy, contrast ratio, and blacks are mind-blowing on a normal screen and in modest ambient you will never feel rainbowing effects. Though this projector has high lumens, contrast ratio with a wider color wheel still you will see muted colors in harsh ambient.
HDR performance is noticeable I was blown away to see the changes, colors turn more vivid and brighter, however, the blacks, shadow, and details enhanced drastically.
When it comes to speaker performance, you will get average performance.
This is the best gaming projector for home theater if you want the lowest input lag, higher refresh rate, vivid color, and deeper blacks. You will get extremely low input lag even in HDR mode.
On the other hand, it has a powerful chipset and wider color gamut to provide super accurate colors without rainbow effects with sharp and detailed images.
Though the keystone needs to be adjusted in enhanced gaming mode, still if you donâ€™t need that much low input lag you can enjoy gaming without doing that.
Overall UHD30X is perfectly optimized for gamers within an affordable price tag.
We rate this model 9.7/10 for gaming.
3. BenQ TH671ST 1080p Short Throw Gaming Projector
BenQ TH671ST Review
BenQ introduces another gaming beast with full HD resolutions, low input lag, broader color gamut, and support 3D content with the average display quality.
They have utilized impressive brightness, contrast ratio, blacks, and a higher refresh rate to provide a top-notch gaming experience even in the modest ambient room.
BenQ has also added the short-throw technology to provide an ultra-widescreen of 100 inches from 5 feet away. a gamer with a tiny space may get the benefits of this technology.
TH671ST is completely optimized for the next consoles like PS5, PS4, Xbox X, Nintendo, etc. you may not get native 4K gaming support but you will get native 1080p gaming with all essential connections and control to integrate your sound system, controllers, etc.
Also, it comes with a long-lasting lamp and built-in speakers to provide immersive sound quality as well.
Why choose BenQ TH671ST Gaming projector
- TH671ST is designed to provide extremely low input lag with fast mode to smoothen your gaming experience to another level. On fast mode, you will get 16.67ms of input lag.
- Comes with native 1080p resolution with 92 rec.709 color coverage to project 1.07 billion colors, you will hardly find rainbowing effects.
- BenQ TH671ST is a super bright and sharp projector with deeper blacks, it comes with 3000 ANSI lumens and a 10000:1 contrast ratio.
- You can enjoy video games on a huge screen without compromising the details because of a wider color gamut and the latest projection technology that vanish the compression, banding, muted colors, and rainbow effects.
- Preset gaming and movie modes with professional calibration to get the balanced shadow, colors input lags, etc.
- Since BenQ TH671ST comes with breathtaking brightness and contrast ratio you will get mind-blowing picture quality even in slightly ambient without compromising the details of black scenes.
- Though this projector comes with a budget-friendly price tag still itâ€™s built and the lens quality is amazing. A single lens can last for up to 15,000 hours on ECO mode.
- 3D performance is impressive.
- Built-in speaker of 5watts with average sound quality, you can utilize it whenever you donâ€™t have any option.
Design of BenQ TH671ST
Besides its high-end features, it also comes with a sleek and compact design to carry on any occasion.
The top of this projector has Some buttons and dials to adjust things like keystone, focus, zoom, etc. however the bottom contains adjustable legs.
furthermore, the front of this projector contains a lens with scream ventilations on the corner; on the other hand, you will get all the essential ports on the backside.
The sides have scream ventilation for airflow and speakers.
Connections and Controls of TH671ST
- A bunch of buttons and dials on the top to control the whole projector.
- 2 HDMI ports one with MHL.
- Audio input and output.
- USB type A1.0
- VGA input and Out port.
- Mini USB port
Performance of BenQ TH671ST
Since this is a native 1080p projector you will get crisp, clear, and vibrant picture quality in a slightly ambient and darkroom but if you are going to use it in a harsh ambient room you may not get satisfactory results.
Though the projector comes with 92% rec.709 color coverage still its color quality is mind-blowing, the brightness plays a vital role to enhance the color quality.
Please donâ€™t expect that you will get ultra-deeper black levels and sharpness because this is a budget gaming projector, not high-end.
The gaming performance of this projector is amazing; due to low input lag, you will get an ultra-smooth gaming experience.
Though the fan of this projector is not that silent but the speaker will compensate for the noise perfectly.
If you are hunting for the best home theater for gaming within a budget-friendly price tag this is for you.
Besides its cheaper price tag, you will get extremely low input lag, breathtaking brightness, contrast ratio, and colors.
BenQ has optimized this projector for next-generation consoles, you can enjoy full HD gaming with several preset modes. Also, it supports 3D content as well just you need to wear DLP 3D glasses to enjoy 3D content.
Overall BenQ TH671ST provides beyond my expectation at a cheap price.
We rate this model 9.6/10 for gaming.
4. BenQ TK700STi 4K HDR Golf Simulator Projector
BenQ TK700STiÂ Review
BenQ TK700STi may have the lowest input lag as far as gaming is concerned. It is designed to keep hardcore gamers in mind. It is an ideal choice for a golf simulator as well.
It can project a 100-inch image display from just 6 feet away. It is a perfect choice for cramped spaces.
Why Choose BenQ TK700STi?
- The input lag of BenQ TK700STi is as low as 4.1ms when you are gaming on 1080p Full HD at 240Hz.
- This changes everything for RPGs, FPS, and other fast-paced gaming types. The dedicated picture mode makes it makes everything smooth and optimized with high picture quality.
- There are no motion blurs or glitches in the display. All these features make it the perfect projector for a golf simulator.
- BenQ claims their TK700STi is the worldâ€™s first 4K HDR gaming projector that projects 4K at 60 hertz with only 16ms input lag.
- It has a smart TV voice remote, an Android interface, 1.2x zoom, and a throw ratio of a 100-inch screen from 6.5 feet away.
- BenQ TK700STi comes with its own Android TV stick. You can plug inside the bulged area on the back. HDMI port and the micro USB plug are behind that door.
- It is running official Android TV 9 with most streaming services.
- So the first thing I did after getting BenQ TK700STi used this projector with my Xbox and PS5.
- I played call of duty it is one of those fast-paced games where input lag really matters. I was very impressed with the input lag. It supports 1080p at 120 but it doesnâ€™t 4K at 120 which is fine.
- If you drop down to 1080p, it has input lag close to 6 seconds which is insane. I tested the input on 4K as well, and the reading was 14ms which is incredible as well.
- Sports and gaming modes are bright but dull colors a bit.
- It is a bright living room gaming and golfing projector. You are not going to get those deep dark blacks but it is fine if you are not going to watch dedicated home theater-type movies in a dark room. It is perfect for a golf simulator.
- RGBW RGBW allows the image to be brighter and allows super low input lag numbers.
- If you are not a dedicated gamer or golfer, then the BenQ HT3550 projector is best for you if you are looking for colors.
- In terms of noise, the fans do their job and make the projector cooler. It is not noisy at all. It releases some hot air but nothing significant.
The design of BenQ TK700STi is a bit square compared BenQ TK850. IR sensors and dials are on the topic including manual buttons. The front has another IR sensor and vents on both sides.
BenQ TK700STi has adjustable feet and all the ports on the backs.
Controls and Connections:
- HDMI-1 2.0b HDCP 2.2
- HDMI-2 2.0b HDCP 2.2 Audio return
- Audio out
- 5A power delivery
- Port of Android TV stick
Performance of BenQ TK700STi
The projector has three different game modes, FPS mode, RPG mode, and SPG mode with images for each genre to get the best gaming or golfing experience.
BenQ TK700STi does a decent with movies as well. HDR performance is really good, the cinema mode is color accurate, but it kills a lot of brightness.
So overall, BenQ TK700STi is a high-end dedicated gaming projector with different picture settings for different gaming modes.
Who is This Projector For?
This projector is best for gamers or for gold simulators considering it has minimum input lag and incredible picture quality.
It doesnâ€™t have a great color accuracy for me to recommend as a dedicated movie projector, but it will work well in a bright living room.
5. Epson Home Cinema 5050UB 4K Gaming Projector
Epson 5050UB Review
Epson 5050UB is the latest and modified version of Epson’s old black series with improved connection, controls, display technology, brightness, contrast ratio, input lag, etc. Epson 5050UB is also an excellent movie projector
The new 5050UB is famous for its outstanding display technology, mind-blowing 4k picture quality; brilliant HDR performance, and very low input lag for gamers.
Other than that this projector is equipped with high brightness and contrast ratio even in HDR mode I found brighter and more colorful picture quality. Though this isnâ€™t a native 4k projector, still you will hardly find muted picture quality.
This is a bulky and heavy project with a bit of noisy internal mechanism; still, I prefer this projector because I have more space in the room if you didn’t have it you may face problems.
Why choose Epson 5050UB
- Its advanced 3 LCD technology is powerful enough to provide you real bright colors without rainbowing by accepting 100% RGB colors. Epson has claimed that it has the latest DCI P3 color gamut that is 50% wider than the ordinary color gamut.
- Its 4k picture quality is pretty good, though this is not a native 4k projector; still, it utilizes 4 million pixels to provide decent picture quality even in HDR mode.
- 5050UB comes with a 10-bit HDR to accept 100% HDR signals, you will get enriched colors, black levels, and brightness without compromising the sharpness.
- It comes with a 12-bit analog to digital video processing to provide extremely low input-Lag of less than 30ms; you will get a banding, compression, and lagging-free gaming experience.
- Besides its smooth transitions, 5050ub is well equipped with high brightness and contrast ratio, it has 2600 lumens and a 1000,000:1 contrast ratio to provide a super bright picture even in modest ambient.
- Epson utilizes the most powerful 15-element precision glass designed to provide zero light leakage with a crisp and clear display even at the edges of the screen.
- 5050UB also comes with 3 AXIS MOTORIZED to shift lens 47% left or right on the horizontal axis and 96% up or down on the vertical axis without using keystone corrections. You will have the flexibility to place or mount it anywhere.
- Other than that it has real-time HDR curve settings you can make adjustments in HDR content if you are not comfortable with preset settings.
- It supports 3D content.
- Epson 5050UB has lens memory that will keep saving your lens settings; you donâ€™t need to set it up again and again.
Deign of Epson 5050UB
Epson 5050ub is not compact and lightweight, itâ€™s a bit heavy and bulky you need proper space to adjust it.
5050ub comes with a very good finishing with a motorized lens and cover on the front for dust protection and ventilation on the corner to flow air properly.
The bottom of the projector has small adjustable legs and screws for mounting it.
On the back, you will get all essential ports like HDMI, USB, etc. however on the side you will have some navigation ports with a small door to cover them.
Connections and Controls of 5050UB
- A fully functional backlight remote control and buttons to adjust anything.
- 2x HDMI HDCP 2.2
- LAN RJ 45
- USB type-A
- Mini USB for Service only
- RS-232c (D-Sub 9-pin)
- VGA Port
- A 12-volt trigger
- Wireless HDMI 1.4a
Performance of 5050UB
Epson 5050ub is supper bright its 2600 lumens are way brighter than 3000 lumens so you will hardly find a brightness issue even in slightly ambient or a big screen, however in harsh ambient you will definably feel some muted colors, brightness, and blacks.
Its 4k HDR performance is mind-blowing, you will find deeper blacks and super accurate colors; however, it projects fewer pixels than native 4k or DLP projectors so, you will defiantly feel less sharp picture quality.
Other than that its gaming performance is mind-blowing because of the big screen, low input lag, and super bright colors.
Though this projector is not quite compact you can manage it to get all the other benefits.
Epson 5050Ub is one of the most selling projectors under 3000 bucks because of its brightness, wider color gamut, bigger screen, and low input lag.
Gamers always want low input lag, brighter and bigger pictures with brilliant color accuracy, and 5050ub is well equipped with those qualities.
If you have more space in the room and you are comfortable spending 3k bucks, this will be your best investment.
We rate this model 9.6/10 for gaming.
6. BenQ X1300i 4LED 1080p HDR Gaming Projector
BenQ X1300i Review
BenQ has made this projector for gamers with an extremely low input lag of 8.3ms, brilliant colors, brightness, and several interesting gaming modes.
Furthermore, it comes with a native 1080p resolution with 4k and HDR support, and stunning color calibration of 96% Rec.709 to provide realistic colors.
Its 120Hz display will never disappoint you even in HDR and 4k mode, moreover, I am sensitive about rainbow effects and surprisingly I didn’t find any.
Since the sole purpose of BenQ X1300iÂ is gaming, BenQ tries to utilize the best-LED engine with a longer life span, impressive contrast ratio, all essential controls like HDMIs and USBs, huge screen, and tremendous sound system with DPS to skyrocket your gaming experience.
Why Choose BenQ X1300i
- 120Hz display will provide you extremely Smooth gaming experience with a very low input lag of 8.3ms.
- Tremendous lumens of 3000 ANSI with a dynamic contrast ratio of 5000,000 to provide outclass picture quality even in modest ambient light.
- Deeper blacks with enhanced shadow quality to visualize even the dark scenes of games.
- Powerful color coverage of 96%.rec709 with industries leading 4LED DLP chip to project enhanced vibrant colors without Rainbow effects.
- Google certified android TV and Google play store with more than 5000 apps, movies, live shows seasons, etc.
- Support airplay, chromo set, and voice assistance.
- Normal throw ratio, you will get 80 to 120 inches screen from 2.3 to 4.3 matters away.
- BenQ game Maestro mode to reduce the latency to provide an ultra-smooth gaming experience with optimized audio. You will get audio effects according to the games.
- Support latest gaming consoles like PS5, PS5, Xbox One X, and other heavy audio systems.
- It comes with two speakers of 5watts with DPS technology to provide an immersive audio experience.
- Stylish cubed-shaped hassle-free design with adjustable feet to place at any angle.
- 2D keystone correction with auto color calibration, you donâ€™t need to do it yourself if you want to enjoy expert calibration.
- A long-lasting and maintenance-free LED engine that can last about 30,000 hours.
Design of X1300i
X1300i comes in a compact cube shape with a beautiful pattern and a huge lens on the front.
The controls of this projector are on the side, however, all connections are located at the back except for Android TV. You have to remove the top cover to access the Android TV compartment.
The top of the projector is plan and stylish while the bottom of the projector contains an adjustable leg to put it on any angle.
Connections and Controls of BenQ X1300i
- 2 HDMI (HDCP 2.2) ports.
- 12V Trigger.
- USB 2.5 A.
- Audio output.
- A dongle with a separate HDMI port is situated in the compartment.
Performance of X1300i
Since this projector comes with 3000 ANSI lumens, it performs well in a slight ambient room, however, in harsh ambient, you may not get a satisfactory result. The night performance is mind-blowing with vibrant colors, breathtaking brightness, and contrast.
The gaming performance of this projector is amazing with several modes to lower the input lag up to 8.3ms.
This is not a native 4k resolution, if you are going to buy native 4k gaming for ps5 or Xbox X this is not for you. It downscales the images and projects fewer pixels than a native 4k projector, still, its gaming quality is beyond my expectations because of low latency mode and HDR support.
Besides input lag and picture quality gamers also care about sound, so this projector comes with the latest DPS to provide sound effects according to the scenes of the games, still, it is not going to satisfy the hardcore gamers.
Though some people cry that why BenQ adds a separate compartment for android TV and it completely makes sense but it hardly takes 10 to 15 minutes to set up all kinds of things.
If you are hunting for the best native 1080p home theater projector for gaming with several gaming modes, extremely low input lag, 4k, and HDR compatible with average sound quality this is for you.
BenQ built this bad boy only for gamers; you will get an ultra-smooth gaming experience with professional calibration according to the mode.
Moreover, its blacks and contrast ratio is mind-blowing you will visualize every tiny object in the dark scene.
other than that it has a play store and android TV, you can enjoy other pieces of stuff like seasons, apps, browsing, etc.
We rate this model 9.5/10 for gaming.
7. Optoma Â UHD50X True 4K UHD Projector for Movies & Gaming
OptomaÂ UHD50X Review
UHD50X is one of the best gaming home theater projectors available in the market with 4k UHD (3040×2160), very low input lag, deeper blacks, and improved sharpness and brightness.
Unlike the other 4k home theater projector this home theater projector projects 8.3 million distinct pixels to project incredibly sharp picture quality.
Moreover, it has the latest ultra-wider 8 segment color wheel to provide vivid and natural colors even in an ambient environment, optoma combines colors, black, contrast, and brightness perfectly to enhance your visual experience.
Besides its picture quality optoma also optimized this projector for next-generation consoles, you will get lagging free, razor-sharp, incredibly bright picture quality even on a huge screen.
Also, you will get HDR and HLG mode to further enhance the colors, shadows, and high lights.
Why choose optoma UHD50X
- If you are a hardcore projector lover you might be aware that UHD means you will get a razor sharper picture quality because they project 8.3 million pixels not 4.1 million pixels.
- Provide lightning-fast gaming experience with 240Hz display, you will get about 16ms input lag on 1080p full HD however on 4K mode you will get 25.8ms which is completely acceptable even if you are a hardcore gamer.
- Optoma UHD50X comes with 8 segments color (RGBWRBGW) wheel and super accurate HDTV rec.709 to project 1.07 billion colors, simply you will get flawless color quality even in the brightest mode forget about rainbowing effects.
- UHD50X also comes with 3400 ANSI lumens, a 500,000:1 contrast ratio, and dynamic deeper black levels to provide a perfect combination of bright and blacks. You can play games even in a modest ambient room.
- HDR and HLG mode to provide you a real-time 4k gaming experience with improved colors, highlights, shadows, and blacks.
- Dynamic blacks are very intelligent to increase or decrease brightness according to the scenes, you donâ€™t need to adjust manually.
- With 3D support you can enjoy 3D content on 1080p resolution, you just need to wear a DLP 3D glass.
- Optoma also utilized the latest technology to reduce eye strains.
- Preset ISF night mode, day mode, and 3D mode to save your cast and time for manual color calibrations.
- Flexible connection and controls, also very easy to make adjustments like auto keystone corrections, lens shifts, Zoom, etc.
- UHD50X also comes with an impressively durable lamp life that can last for almost 15,000 hours on eco mode.
- Built-in speaker of 10 watts to enjoy music when you donâ€™t have your own.
- The noiseless operation will never disrupt your peaceful environment.
Design of optoma UHD50X
The top of the projector contains a bunch of buttons and dials; however, the bottom of the projector has adjustable legs and some screws for the ceiling mount.
On the front side, you will get a large lens with a focusing ring and scream ventilations on the corner, also, the backside has all the connections and controls.
The sides contain scream ventilations for sound and airflow.
Connections and control of optoma UHD50X
- Multiple buttons and dials on the top to adjust anything like Zoom focus, keystone, etc.
- HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 2.2) for HDR content.
- HDMI 1.4a (HDCP 2.2) for Non-HDR content
- Mini USB port for service only.
- VGA input.
- 12V output.
- Audio in
- Audio out.
- USB 1.4a
Performance of optoma UHD50X
The input lag of this projector is about 15.3ms on 1080P/240Hz, which means you will get a fluid gaming experience but in HDR mode you will get 25.8ms/60HZ so donâ€™t expect an ultra-smooth gaming experience on HDR mode.
Besides its input lag, I was just blown away to see the HDR gaming performance of UHD50X, you will feel the realistic graphics, colors, and sharpness even on the big screen. Forget about the rainbow and other kinds of effects.
Besides its gaming performance, the movie performance of this projector is also amazing; though this is a bright projector still its color accuracy is good. However, if you are a real color lover you will not get satisfactory results like JVC, Sony, and other expensive projectors.
Optoma UHD50X is able to deliver good picture quality in a slightly ambient room but there will be differences in the slightly ambient and darkroom.
When it comes to black levels performance, it is average because it is more of a bright projector; we canâ€™t expect high-quality black levels and shadows from a 3400 ANSI lumens projector.
If you are looking for the best gaming projector for home theater with decent brightness, vibrant color, and very low input lag even in 4k mode this is for you.
Since this projector allows HDR content and 4K UHD, your gaming experience will be top-notch even in HDR mode, though HDR mode does not support a high refresh rate, still it will provide you 25.8 ms which is quite better as compared to other competitors.
Besides its gaming performance, the movie performance of this projector is also mind-blowing because of 8 segments color wheel with a wider color gamut and DLP, you will get razor-sharp picture quality even on a wider screen.
We rate this model 9.5/10 for gaming.
8. ViewSonic PX706HD-1080p Short Throw Projector
ViewSonic PX706HD Review
The New PX706HD is perfectly optimized for a small room to get a big screen from a very small distance. Now you can enjoy an impressive gaming experience within a small compartment.
Furthermore, ViewSonic has done a tremendous job to reduce input lag to provide an ultra-smooth frame-by-frame gaming experience. You will observe every tiny detail of Firearms or sports games as well.
Other than that PX706HD comes with decent brightness, contrast ratio, and industries leading DLP chip to provide top-notch color quality even in slightly modest ambient.
When it comes to the resolutions PX706HD support 1080p (1920×1080) and below resolutions, 1080p is recommended don’t go for less.
Furthermore, it comes powerful speaker and lamp that can last for 15,000 hours on ECO mode.
Why Choose ViewSonic PX706HD
- ViewSonic PX706HD comes with a short-throw lens that can provide you with 104 inches a large screen from 1.4 meters away. Hence this projector is perfect for you if you have a tiny gaming place.
- Low latency mode for gamers, its input lag can be reduced to 16ms; you will explore extremely smooth gaming.
- PX706HD also comes with decent brightness of 3000 ANSI that can work even in modest ambient, however, a 22000:1 contrast ratio is added to further enhance the picture quality.
- ViewSonic utilizes the latest DLP chip with a wider color gamut to mitigate the rainbowing effect; you will get close to real colors.
- Though this projector comes with a cheap price tag, still it provides a full HD display with 3D support to enjoy flicker-free gaming.
- Impressive lamp life of about 15,000 hours on ECO mode and about 4,000-5,000 hours on High-performance mode.
- With versatile connections and controls with dual 3D Blu-ray HDMI ports, you can play 3D content right from Blue-ray DVDs. PX706HD is fully packed with multiple ports to connect your consoles, chrome cast, Fire TV stick, etc.
- The sound quality of this projector is impressive, ViewSonic has utilized the latestÂ SonicExpert Technology to enlarge the speaker chamber and added a more powerful amplifier to get more clear and powerful sound.
- Automatic Vertical keystone correction to adjust the screen automatically.
Design of ViewSonic PX706HD
The design of this projector is simple and portable; you can carry this to your local beach parties as well.
On the top, you will get a bunch of buttons and dials to adjust the screen, focus keystone, etc. however, the bottom contains adjustable lags to place it at any angle.
The front of this projector has a big lens and the iconic logo of ViewSonic, however, the back contains all essential connections.
Also, you will find scream ventilations for sound and airflow.
Connections and controls of ViewSonic PX706HD
- 2 HDMI 1.4 input.
- USB 3.1 type C.
- 3.5mm audio input/output.
- VGA input.
- Mini USB port for service only.
- Composite RCA video in.
Performance of ViewSonic PX706HD
The gaming performance of this projector is mind-blowing because of very low input lag, a bigger screen, and vivid colors. Other than that PX7060HD is packed with breathtaking lumens and contrast ratio to provide natural colors and sharpness of games in slightly ambient.
Though PX706HD comes with 60% brightness uniformity which is much less than desired, still you will not feel any flaw in colors and brightness.
When it comes to 3D performance this projector will provide you with more than average quality 3d pictures.
Since sound is the main ingredient of gaming, View Sonic adds an enlarged speaker with larger amplification to provide robust, clear, and loud sound quality, As per my experience sound quality is way better than its competitors.
The VIew SOnic has claimed that its single lamp can last for 15,000 hours on eco mode however in the high-performance mode it may last for 4,500 hours.
The fan of this projector is not extremely quiet you may feel sound even on eco mode, however, if you are playing gaming or watching something on the loud mode you will not feel the fan noise.
If you are hunting for the best budget home theater projector for gaming with low input lag, vivid colors, and can project a large screen even in a congested room this is for you.
The new PX706HD is also able to play 3D content with average brightness colors and picture quality, though you canâ€™t expect quality like an expensive projector, still it is acceptable.
Besides these features, this projector comes with impressive speakers to fill your room with clear sounds to skyrocket your gaming. experience.
We rate this model 9.3/10 for gaming.
How to Choose the Best Gaming projectors 2022 with better FPS and resolution
In this buying you will know how to choose your desired gaming projector, we have concluded all things should be considered before buying a home theater projector for gaming.
Letâ€™s dive in;
Before defining the importance of input lag let’s discuss what exactly input lag is?
The response time of your projector to your inputs is known as input lag, better the response time is better than the input lag.
Input lag is the most essential factor that should be considered before buying a projector, especially for hardcore gamers.
Higher input lag may hurt the gaming abilities of hardcore gamers if they are trained with lower input lag.
Our opinion about input lag:
- Input lag doesnâ€™t necessary for you if you want to watch TV serials, podcasts, etc.
- Hardcore gamers are very sensitive about input lag, normal gamers may not feel input lag between 30-40ms.
- 20-30ms is considered as a very good input lag, however, you can get even lower than 10ms as we have listed above.
- If you are a hardcore gamer go for the lowest possible input lag because you will be going to play online racing and firearms games, these games need the lowest input lag to perform well.
Learn More about input lag HERE
Gamers always want a big screen to explore a mind-blowing gaming experience, at least your projector should have the capability to projector 100 inches wide screen without losing color accuracy and brightness.
Most of the projectors lose their colors and brightness because of cheap Chip technology and a smaller color gamut. Make sure to check out whether your projectors project vibrant colors on even a big screen or not.
Frame rate (FPS):
Frame rate is the frequency of appearing images on the screen or simply the number of frames that appear on a screen per second.
For e.g. A game is playing on 60FPS means you will get 60 frames per second.
Frame rate is the most important thing for gamers because it plays a vital role in the smoothness of gaming without banding or compression.
Choose a projector that must support at least 60 fps otherwise your gaming experience will be worst, more the fps more you will get a smooth gaming experience.
Check out our guide about Are Projectors Good For Gaming
Color Accuracy and Brightness:
Color accuracy is the most essential factor that should be considered, muted colors with Rainbow effects will ruin your gaming experience.
Most gamers want vibrant and accurate colors with a balance contrast ratio and deeper blacks, so that they can explore both day and night scenes precisely.
Also, gamers want brighter picture quality to explore real graphics, at least a gaming projector should have 2000 lumens if you are going to play games in modest ambient, however, you can get a projector with 1600-1800 lumens if you want to play in a dark cave.
Resolutions and HDR support:
1440p is the ideal resolution for gamers because it is a perfect hybrid between 1080p and 4k resolutions with a reasonable price tag as well.
Though there is no comparison with native 4k because it projects way more pixels than 1440p to project more sharer and detailed picture quality, still they are expensive every gamer canâ€™t afford it.
I suggest you purchase a projector with at least 1080p resolution never purchase a projector with less than 1080p, your gaming experience will be worst.
We have also, listed UHD projectors as well within mid-range price make sure to look at them as well.
We have shortlisted each home theater gaming projector according to the gamerâ€™s reviews, user ratings, and actual performance.
Every gamer has a different perspective about gaming thatâ€™s why we have included a detailed buying guide so that you can get your desired one.
According to our research, the following models are best for gaming.
BenQ TH685 1080p Gaming Projector-Best Budget home theater projector for gaming.
Optoma UHD30 True 4K UHD Gaming Projector-240Hz Refresh rate.
Epson Home Cinema 5050UB-Best Overall
Hope we are successful to help you Let us know your thoughts in the comment sections.
Thanks for reading out.