In this article, we have written about the best laser projector based on budget, colors, blacks, resolutions, designs, picture quality, and throw ratio.Â Our team tested over 29 projectors to finalize a list of the top 9 best laser projectors currently available on the market.
Most home theater projectors use a bulb-based lamp or an LED to project images. However, laser projectors are different in design. They provide a broader range of colors and sharp images
No doubt the quality of the picture obtained by a laser projector will be superior to a lamp-based projector.
We have spent multiple hours in research to help you find the best laser projector to serve all of your home entertainment requirements.
The main focus of our research was on resolution, brightness, and user-friendliness.
Some additional attention has also been given to features such as sound quality, portability, and smart functionality.
Considering these features before making a purchase will aid you in finding the best laser projector on the market.
What is the Best Laser Projector?
To upgrade your home entertainment setup, buying a good-quality laser projector will be a great choice.
By installing it, you can take your entertainment experience to the next level.
For your ease of making a decision, we have compiled a list of the best laser projectors available.
Thereâ€™s a detailed review of each laser projector mentioned and you can select the best one after giving a thorough study this review.
By the end of this article, you will learn how to find the best laser projector as per your needs with the help of our buying guide.
List of The Best Laser Projectors (2022)
Optoma CinemaX P2 White Smart 4K UHD Laser Projector
SAMSUNG 120-Inch The Premiere Ultra Short Throw
BenQ V7050i 4K Laser Smart TV Projector
Optoma HZ39HDR Laser Home Theater Projector
Sony VW325ES 4K HDR Home Theater Projector
Epson EpiqVision Mini EF11 Laser Projector
Optoma GT5600 Ultra Short Throw Gaming and Movie Projector
Epson Home Cinema 880 3-chip 3LCD 1080p Projector
1. Optoma CinemaX P2 Ultra Short Throw 4K UHD Laser Projector
Why Choose Optoma CinemaX P2?
- To transform your living room into an incredible home theater with 3,000 lumens of brightness and a lifespan of 30,000 hours, Optoma CinemaX P2 is an ideal option.
- The laser light source automatically focuses with a high-performance glass lens and the SmartFIT auto geometry keystone corrections system maximizes ease of hassle-free setup.
- For compensation of motion blur, there is PureMotion processing technology is present. It helps in generating transitional frames to minimize motion judder. Smooth and fast-moving scenes can be enjoyed with PureMotion.
- For rich cinematic colors, the RGBRGB color wheel is present that ensures stunning HDR.
- The extensive DCI-P3 color space support qualifies for vivid colors that are highly accurate and true-to-life.
Desing of Optoma CinemaX P2
- The award-winning sleek design captures the eye of every user. The HDR10 compatibility ensures vivid 4K UHD content while the tone mapping combined with dynamic contrast ratio delivers an optimized image with deeper black and brighter white levels.
- The space-saving design of CinemaX P2 has Ultra Short Throw that provides convenient placement to deliver a huge screen experience. For a 120 inches big screen, there will only be a need of 14.5â€.
Connections & Controls
- HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 2.2)
- USB 2.0 (4K media player, power)
- Optical S/PDIF out
- HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 2.2, HDMI ARC)
- HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 2.2, side)
- Audio Out
What is The Performance of Optoma CinemaX P2?
The gaming mode of CinemaX P2 reduces input lag by bypassing the motion compensation engine and image processing.
It provides a pure and direct path from the video source to the projection screen for flexible gameplay.
With Google Action, custom skills, and Alexa smart home, you can easily voice control your projector with Google Home Devices and Amazon Echo.
For seamless connectivity, IFTTT support ensures thousands of smart devices are integrated with your smart home.
For superior dialogue clarity and high-quality sound, it has a built-in 40W soundbar with a combination of two full-range drivers and two woofers that ensure smooth mid-range frequencies and deep bass.
The laser technology of CinemaX P2 provides outstanding 3000 lumens of brightness that maintains stunning image quality throughout its 30,000 hours of lifespan.
In the list of best laser projectors, Optoma CinemaX P2 offers great color accuracy, contrast, and unusually capable audio to ensure the ultimate cinematic experience that no other can deliver.
Recommended Guide: Golf Simulator projector reviews
2. SAMSUNG 120â€ The Premier 4K Smart Laser Projector – Best 4k Laser Projector
Why Choose SAMSUNG 120â€ The Premier 4K?
- To enjoy an epic cinematic experience from the comfort of your couch, Samsung Premier Smart Laser projector is an ideal option for you.
- It is a game-changer in providing big-screen entertainment with its long-lasting technology that plays roles up to 20,000 hours.
- The 4K resolution delivers crystal clear images with brilliant colors and details. With the large screen, you can just sit 24.7cm away from the wall to enjoy a big picture experience. Images can be projected directly onto a wall or screen.
- This is the worldâ€™s first projector with Filmmaker Mode that helps in removing motion smoothing and many post-processing treatments.
Design of SAMSUNG 120Â
- The 30 watts of 2.2â€ audio built-in speakers always provide incredible sound quality that completely batches with the epic visual experience.
- The Premier has been designed perfectly to fit in front of the wall to convert any room into a whole cinema house.
- Fortunately, no mounting is required and you can easily plug it in to play around without needing a lengthy warm-up.
- The seamlessly compact design can fit your space with a premium textile wrap that blends with your room when it is turned off.
- IT ALSO PROVIDES Smart TV experience to enjoy binge-watching Netflix on the big screen.
Connections & Controls
- 3 HDMI Inputs
- USB HID Support
- Samsung Bixby, Amazon Alexa
- Dolby Digital Plus
- Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
- ATSC, ClearQAM, & analog turners built-in
What is the Performance of SAMSUNG Premier 4K?
If you love to stream online, then no other projector can beat The Premier which allows you to stream on YouTube, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and Netflix.
You can also get content from your smartphone on the wall by simply tapping it on the Samsung laser projector.
The overall gaming experience is at the next level with its game enhancer that optimizes settings to help you get the win.
Samsung 120â€ The Premier delivers a dramatic home cinema experience equivalent to the theater with precise color accuracy and incredible contrast. No doubt it is the worldâ€™s first HDR10+ projector for realistic and vibrant viewing.
3. BenQ V7050i 4K Laser TV Projector – Brightest Laser Projector
Why Choose BenQ V7050i 4K?
- If you are a video enthusiast then BenQ V7050i is specifically made for you.
- It’s Ultra Short Throw 4K laser phosphor unit delivers amazing color accuracy that is completely out of the box.
- The HDRs provide realistic colors and highly improved visual effects than SDR which isnâ€™t very common for projectors even supporting HDR.
Design of BenQ V7050i
- The 32 pounds laser phosphor light source projector has a single DLP chip that works with TIâ€™s fast switch pixel shift to convert 1920 Ã— 1080p to 3,840 Ã— 2160p.
- It has been designed to throw an image to its maximum size of 123 inches without any kind of distortion.
- For an 80-inch screen the measured distance is 4.3 inches while for 123 inches screen, the distance will be 13.1 inches.
- The unit has a frame interpolation option for smoothing motion that helps in improving the look of live or recorded videos.
Connections & Controls
- Dual HDMI 2.0b
- SPDIF for external audio support
- AirPlay & Chromecast Support
- Google Assistant for voice search
What Is The Performance of BenQ V7050i?
During testing, BenQ V7050i offered maximum color accuracy up to the highest standards but informal testing, the colors seemed a bit off.
Although, it wonâ€™t be obvious if you are not familiar with the original image.
This projector supports full HD 3D by using DLP link glasses. While the test, there were some 3D-related motion artifacts were noticed that are not usually obvious in many of the new generation projectors.
If you donâ€™t find rainbow artifacts or if they are not annoying to you, then it wonâ€™t be problematic for you.
But if it somehow bothers you, put the projector high on your shortlist and rule it out entirely.
BenQ V7050i is an Android TV Projector, but not an integrated one, and also lacks enough HDMI ports. Otherwise, it delivers maximum color accuracy, dark blacks, and good contrast.
Checkout our guide about Best 3D Projectors
4. Optoma HZ39HDR Laser Home Theater Projector
Why Choose Optoma HZ39HDR?
- Looking for a cinematic experience at home? Optoma HZ39HDR has all the amazing features you might be looking for.
- With the incredible 4000 ANSI lumens of brightness with 1080p resolution, this projector provides stunning color as well as image quality.
- This unit supports 3D experience with 3D Blu-ray when paired with optional DLP link 3D glasses.
- The DuraCore laser light source saves you from the trouble of performing maintenance operations and also eliminates the need for filter replacement as this one lasts for 30,000 hours.
- The home theater entertainment also exceeds up to many folds with its 10-watt speaker that eradicates the need for any external speakers.
Design of Optoma HZ39HDR
- Compact in size and light in weight, HZ39HDR makes it easy to mount on the ceiling and even in higher places.
- The operating system is quiet enough to make sure that you are watching your projector, not hearing it.
- The installation has also become easier with vertical keystone correction and 1.3x optical zoom that provide many flexible options.
- Optoma has been designed to support extensive connectivity options including, Amazon Fire Stick 4K, Apple TV 4K, and Google Chromecast Ultra.
Connections & Controls
- 1x HDMI 2.0
- 1x HDMI 1.4a 3D support
- 2x Audio 3.5mm Input
- 1x Audio 3.5mm Output
- RS232, RJ45, micro-USB service
What Is The Performance of Optoma HZ39HDR?
Now youâ€™ll be free from the hassle of dealing with a massive mesh of cables while installing this projector as it supports Signal Power On.
After receiving a signal from connected HDMI, your projector will be turned on automatically by Signal Power On with the source device.
The HDR10 technology ensures deeper blacks and brighter whites levels for an enhanced viewing experience.
While the 300,000: 1 contrast ratio provides sharp and detailed images from high-definition content without any compression or downgrading performance.
You can get high contrast, fast response time, no color degradation, and enhanced pixel structure with this DLP technology laser projector. The Rec.709 color gamut will undoubtedly give you cinematic colors as intended by the director.
Recommended Guide: Top rated projectors under $500
5. Sony VW325ES 4K Projector – VPL-VW325ES
Why Choose Sony VW325ES?
- We have reviewed many best home theater projectors in the past few months and most of them were good.
- Sony VW325ES just simply blows them all away due to some of its extraordinary features that are completely absent in some of the amazing projectors.
- One outstanding reason for its high performance is the contrast ratio.
- The exclusive Reality Creation technology of Sony examines the images right down to pixel level.
- Then it employs the pattern matching algorithms that were developed over years of film production to increase crispness without enhancing digital picture noise.
- It uses a trio of 4K SXRD liquid crystals on silicon chips that make the contrast ratio 60% better than some next-level projectors.
- Although, 1500 lumens arenâ€™t as bright as modern-day projectors with 3,000 lumens but still with high contrast ratio this unit blows away brighter projectors like Epson 5050UB.
Design of Sony VPL-VW325ESÂ
- The 4K Aspherical lens of VPL-VW325ES is excellent for primary projection from corner-to-corner sharpness.
- You can easily install this projector in your room due to its 2.06x motorized zoom and wide lens shift. Images can be adjusted up to 85% vertically in position and 31% horizontally to provide the right angle for movies without any distortion or lost resolution.
Connections & Controls
- HDMI 2 Inputs
- Digital RGB/Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr, IR IN
- Minijack, LAN
- RJ45, RS232C, D sub 9 pin
- USB – DC 5V, Max 500 mAÂ
What Is the Performance of Sony VW325ES/VPL-VW325ES?
You can experience the best and most optimized video processing with X1 for projection.
Having an innovative technology, this processor provides high precision frame analysis that enables features such as Dynamic HDR Enhancer and Super Resolution.
Now you can also enjoy UHD Blu-ray and streaming services with HDR compatibility.
With HDR video you will get an expanded brightness range that delivers more realistic and high-contrast images to reproduce colors faithfully.
The powerful video processor in Sony offers Motion flow for clear and smooth motion.
It reduces blur and maintains brightness by making it ideal for fast video content. You can easily choose True Theater mode to retain the original 24fps with this unit.
Although you can easily get a car for less than this projector at this price tag the quality of the Sony projector is unmatchable due to DCI 4K resolution with 8.8 million pixels for incredible lifelike pictures.
6. Optoma GT1090HDRÂ Â
Why Choose Optoma GT1090HDR?
- Optoma GT1090HDR uses high-quality laser light to project images. In certain circumstances, the perceived brightness from laser illumination projectors is twice as compared to lamp-based projectors.
- These projectors are highly efficient to maintain consistent brightness, instant on & off, superior color performance, and an extraordinarily extended life span that is up to 30,000 hours.
- The short-throw lens is capable of projecting a 100â€ image from a distance of just one meter away. This helps in placing the projector close to the wall by reducing the shadows to the maximum for your ease.
Design of Optoma GT1090HDR
- The compact design of Optoma is capable of displaying HDR metadata to evaluate far more details and textures to make objects look solid and life-like. Its depth sense gives maximum clarity as you are looking through a window.
- For exceptional sound quality, there is a built-in powerful speaker that involves an easy setup, without the need for costly external speakers.
- The small-sized projector with 4200 lumens of brightness can be placed anywhere in the home, including family rooms, game rooms, theaters, and spaces like outdoor backyard, tailgating, and camping (Here is the list of the best camping projectors currently available in the market).
Connections & Controls
- Supports 4K & 1080 HDR input
- HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 2.2MHL)
- HDMI 1.4
- VGA, VGA Out
- 2x Audio in/out
- USB-A, mini-USB
- 3D sync
What Is The Performance of Optoma GT1090HDR?
Now the replacement of lamp and filter has been eliminated with a dependable DuraCore laser light source with a lifespan of 30,000 hours within a low cost and maintenance-free operation.
The optical engine of Optoma is highly durable due to its IPX6 dust resistance rating.
The clarity in images and detailed accuracy are maximum due to 1080p resolution and 300,000: 1 contrast ratio.
You will get detailed and sharp images from high-definition content without any compression or downscaling.
With a latency rate of 16ms, this projector is one of the fastest projectors for gaming without compromising the color brightness. Portable and easy to set up, Optoma GT1090HDR is highly recommended for limited spaces and also for gamers.
7. Epson EpiqVision Mini EF11 Laser Projector – Cheapest Laser Projector
Why Choose Epson EpiqVision Mini EF11?
- Epson EpiqVision Mini laser projector is capable of supporting a wide range of connections to your favorite streaming devices such as Roku, Android TV, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV to the HDMI port.
- The MicroLaser Array technology installed in this projector provides you with augmented brightness and also enhances the black density.
- The 3LCD technology displays 100% of RGB color signals for accurate colors to every frame while balancing the brightness.
- The Auto Picture Skew Correction examines whether either image is projected in the right way and then rectifies the vertical geometry of the image.
- With its integrated 2 way speaker, there is no need to invest in an external speaker setup.
Design of Epson EpiqVision Mini EF11Â
- Epson Mini EF11 has been designed to deliver an immersive viewing experience for sporting events, gaming, and watching TV shows and movies in Full HD resolution on 150 inches big screen.
- It is a compact unit with a sleek modern design that can be easily installed anywhere.
Connections & Controls
- 1x HDMI Input
- 1x HDMI HDCP 2.2
- USB Type-A
- Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV
- Wireless screen mirroring via Miracast
What Is the Performance of Epson EpiqVision Mini EF11?Â
1000 lumens are surprisingly bright enough even under-lit room conditions.
While different technologies used to enhance picture quality also make this projector outstanding.
The maximum colors produced by Epson EpiqVision are up to 16.77 million and are incredibly amazing for perfect display. The tested video quality was great concerning its resolution.
Though sound needs some improvement as it seems fine for a whole room due to mono audio anyone can get tired of it.
If there could be Bluetooth capabilities then we might have been enjoying a blast movie experience.
EpiqVision is small in size, compact in design, and involves simply the easiest setup. By just plugging in a power cord and HDMI to their slots, you can entertain yourself by gaming or watching movies. You can take this one anywhere to never miss the real joy.
8. Optoma GT5600 UST Gaming Projector -Â Best Budget Laser Projector
Why Choose Optoma GT5600?
- Optoma GT5600 with 3600 lumens of brightness display full HD content at 1080p resolution with a contrast ratio of 20,000: 1 while covering the Rec. 709 color gamut.
- There is a 2D keystone correction i.e., digital horizontal and vertical, that helps you in adjusting the proper rectangular shape of the image on all sides.
- While the feature of auto vertical keystone adjusts the vertical angle to project a perfectly square image automatically.
- With a maximum of 15000 hours of lamp life, you can easily watch 6 hours of movies every day for up to 2500 days.
Design of Optoma GT5600
- The ultra-short throw lens of Optoma projects an immersive 100 inches image from just 30 cm away.
- This permits you to place your projector close to the wall and also removes the hassle of needing lengthy wires, making it easy to set up and install.
- The light in design GT5600 weights even less than 4kg also makes it easy to be transferred and placed anywhere.
- There is an amazing feature of 4 corner adjustment that eliminates any crooked or distorted images in restricted space or off-angle during installation to display a perfect picture.
Connections & Controls
- HDMI 1.4a (MHL 2.0)
- HDMI 1.4a
- Composite video in/audio in 3.5mm
- VGA In/Out
- USB port (Wi-Fi adapter, USB display/PC free/mouse/power.
What Is the Performance of Optoma GT5600?
Now you donâ€™t need any laptop or PC to display your favorite images as there is a built-in USB reader that allows you directly to view photos by just plugging in a USB storage device.
You can display even PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and PDF file formats.
With the help of an optional Wi-Fi dongle and the free HDCast Pro mobile App of Optoma, you can connect it to your laptop, tablet, or mobile wirelessly.
While the Wi-Fi display eradicates the cable clutter by increasing connection versatility.
My favorite feature of split-screen is also present in Optoma GT5600 which allows you to project multi-images simultaneously up to 4 images.
Amazing picture quality with clear sound and long lifespan, Optoma GT5600 is highly recommended if you are a binge-watcher as well as a gamer. It displays real 3D content and provides low input lag for fast gaming.
9. Epson Pro EX10000 3-Chip 3LCD Laser Projector
Why Choose Epson Pro EX10000?
- Epson Pro EX10000 laser projector with Miracast is a business-oriented portable projector.
- It delivers a big and bright image for viewing in the large room. Even with large gatherings, you can enjoy the original quality through its display.
- The 3LCD chips guarantee rainbow artifacts-free image but despite full HD resolution, it displays almost 1366 by 768 chips combined with pixel shifting.
- The wireless connectivity for screen mirroring with Miracast helps you to perform a video conference smoothly or also connects with many streaming devices including Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, and Chromecast.
- There is a feature of pixel-shifting that splits frames into smaller subsets of pixels and then shifts the position of pixel position for each subset to put more pixels on the screen for each separate frame rather than in chips themselves.
- This allows for more details and sharpness in images.
Design of Epson Pro EX10000Â
- The smart design Epson Pro is built around a laser phosphor light source and 3LCD chips.
- This light source extends the life of the projector and also saves you from investing high prices in lamp replacements.
- You wonâ€™t need to struggle for deciding about the setting up position for this projector as you can fit it at any place by plugging in the power cord and then adjusting the manual focus with 1.6x zoom.
Connections & Controls
- 2x Mini Jack Audio In
- RCA (Audio In, Composite
- RS232 DB-9Pin
- 2x USB
- VGA In Dsub-15pin
- 2x HDMI
What Is the Performance of Epson Pro EX10000?
One amazing quality of the Epson Pro HD wireless laser projector is the availability of a variety of connection options.
With two HDMI ports, there is an additional VGA port to double the video components, a USB-B port for plug-and-play display, an Ethernet port, and USB-A for files reading from a USB key.
The easy two-way and four-way split-screen option allows for seeing images from almost four sources at a time.
This can be done by a simple setup that can be visible in each area of the screen and lets you select a source of audio to use.
It is preferable for business and education purposes as compared to home theater as it produces watchable video as long as the image is not too dark.
For movie watching, contrast turns poor and can be noticed even in dimly lit scenes.
With numerous advantages, it also has some flaws including artifacts in a few 1080p images and poor contrast in some cases. Otherwise, it is an ideal projector with a long lifespan in quiet mode as well as a normal mode that removes the hassle of lamp replacement.
Checkout our guide about the best epson proejctors
How to Choose the Best Laser Projector?
Undoubtedly, laser projectors are brightened than lamp-based projectors. There is still variation from one model to a model that supplies the numerous options to choose one best for you.
But remember, brighter isnâ€™t always the better, many other factors also play role in describing the extraordinary features of projectors. Such as:
As already said brightness isnâ€™t the only thing that matters, but still it has a significant role in deciding the quality of a laser projector.
A dedicated home theater projector usually has 1500 to 2000 lumens of brightness.
A room with a high level of ambient light requires a projector with 2500 to 5000 lumens of brightness.
Resolution defines the clarity and capability of a projector to display full HD content. A standard home theater projector should have 1080p or 4K UHD resolution.
The 3 SXRD technology has also been introduced in Sony projectors that provide enhanced Ultra HD resolution that comprises 8.8 million on-screen pixels.Â
Check out our article on projector resolution if you want to learn more about this topic.
Though it was a common perception that projectors have been designed for presentations and offices instead of used as home theaters, they were usually without any pre-installed speakers.
Luckily, laser projectors include speakers of high quality. So, a projector should have 10 to 20 watts of speaker or soundbars with better volume and audio quality.
Optoma CinemaX P2 has 40-watt speakers that are an exception having Dolby Digital sound.
Throw Ratio & Distance
Laser projectors with a short throw ratio are high in demand. You can easily place your projector only a few inches far from the screen.
Even in the availability of plenty of space, you can get more flexibility while setting your things up.
The throw ratio depends on a lot of things. Check out our article on the projector throw ratio.