As I know, choosing the best ultra 4K short throw projector is always a challenging task for beginners or experts due to the up-gradation of technology every day. Due to the availability of many projectors in the market, it is a difficult task to find features like power lumen source, high contrast ratio, sharp colors, cinematic view, and updated features like built-in Android 9 TV, high refresh rate, and versatile connectivity options.
An ultra 4k short-throw projector with low input lag, cinematic display, high-resolution power is one of the top choices of gamers and an excellent visual experience.
For buying a top-notch quality project, you may also consider the 3D support, economic or budget-friendly price tag, and wireless connectivity for smart devices.
Moreover, after testing and experiencing many ultra 4K short-throw projectors and consulting with several projector experts and users, we have put in our day and night efforts and prepared a list of the best 4K ultra-short projectors with the best features and specifications.
These projects are now available in the market with various color versions, high color contrast ratio, less short throw distance, and bright and clear image quality.
We have also covered ultra-short-throw projectors in general. Check them out as well.
Best Short Throw 4K projector
As per my experience, the best short throw 4K projector is the one that produces a brighter and clearer image as compared to other projectors with cinematic colors, high contrast ratio, and less short throw distance for a colossal image.
One may also consider the other features like lumen lamp life span, design, performance, and durability. But the most foremost desire is to get the best quality picture.
While reading this article, don’t get confused. All our below-listed short-throw projectors are of outstanding performance with realistic image quality, long-life lamp life, and adorable design.
List of 5 Best Short Throw 4k Projectors – 2022
Optoma CinemaX P2
Epson EpiqVision Ultra LS300
ViewSonic True 4K UHD
| ||CHECK PRICE|
WeMax Nova Short Throw Laser Projector
1. Optoma CinemaX P2 Ultra Short Throw 4K UHD Laser Projector
With Ultra HD 4K resolutions, the Optoma Cinemax P2 projects authentic lifelike images with HDR compatibility. High dynamic range technology enables us to watch high-resolution power videos and photos with more detailed and refined prints.
It’s best for gaming with low input lag, and its ultra-short-throw design also facilitates convenient placement for a big-screen experience.
Optoma Cinemax P2 is a short-throw projector of the second generation that displays an astonishing big screen of 100″ when placed close to a wall or ceiling within or without any big room. It has a fully integrated Dolby Digital 2.0 sound system with an overall bass system.
Moreover, it allows hassle-free image alignment with its geometric automatic correction technology without distortion of image quality.
Why choose Optoma Cinemax P2:
- Optoma Cinemax P2 Ultra Short Throw is the best short throw 4k projector with Ultra 4K HD; HDR 10 compatibility displays a high-quality cinematic view of videos in a realistic manner.
- This projector comes up with a six-segment wheel color that makes your home theatre richer in colors and adds brightness to the display in the same way the director originally envisioned it.
- Stunning image quality with laser technology having 30000 hours of light source life.
- With 3000 lumens brightness, you can make its view in different rooms any time of day.
- The ultra-short-throw design of Optoma Cinemax P2 Ultra Short Throw is a space-saving one that enables convenient placement for a giant big screen of 120 inches only inches away from the ceiling or wall.
- It’s effortless to image setup with the Optoma Cinemax P2 Smart FIT app; you can play it with your smartphone anywhere.
- Built-in autofocus feature and automatic geometric correction help in hassle-free image alignment vertically within seconds.
- It is IFTTT Support that provides wireless connectivity to a lot of intelligent devices. So, you can enjoy the content of your choice with just a click from your smartphone.
- Excellent responsive gameplay projector. You can reduce the input lag with the Optoma Cinemax P2 projector because it provides a direct and smooth path from the video source to the projection screen.
The Optoma Cinemax P2 is a 22.1 pounds projector with an engaging design.
The flat smooth lens is located on the front top with a power button on the right side. Moreover, fast ventilation fans are present on both sides.
You will get the lags and screws on the bottom, via which you can fit it on a ceiling or place it on a tabletop.
You will get the Premium sound quality 40 watts with two full-range drivers, two woofers, and Dolby Digital 2.0 support on the backside. Additionally, all other connections along with main Ac ports are on the rear.
Connections and Controls:
- Wireless networking/connectivity
- Single USB Type-A 2.0 (4K media player)
- Single USB Type-A (service and control)
- Single USB Type-A 2.0 (power 1.5A)
- 2 HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2
- Ethernet LAN RJ-45
- One HDMI with ARC 3D support
- S/PDIF optical digital audio output
- Analog stereo 3.5 mm audio output
Performance of Optoma Cinemax P2:
- Optoma Cinemax P2 projector delivers high-quality, cinematic image with 4K ultra-HD, highest contrast ratio, and HDR10 technology.
- Now you can enjoy the cinematic colors at your home with the RGBRGB color wheel. With a six-segment color wheel, its brightness and picture quality also increases.
- It provides stunning image quality throughout its usage with bright, reliable laser technology.
- With 3000 lumens of brightness, viewing movies and sports in daylight in any room becomes possible.
- It displays a vast screen of 120 inches of the image with convenient placement only a few inches away from the screen.
- It offers autofocus and auto-alignment of the image with a geometric correction system.
- It allows its users to control it via voices using amazon Alexa and google assistant.
- Delivers crystal clear vocals and deep bass with integrated 40W soundbars that provide superior and detailed sound.
- With less input lag is also the best gaming projector for gamers.
- I find it challenging to fit pictures on the screen with center placement in a room.
- Otherwise, overall, the projector is doing an outstanding performance with no lag.
Check out our top rated Home theater projectors
2. Epson EpiqVision Ultra LS300 3-chip 3LCD Smart Laser Projector
The Epson EpiqVision Ultra LS300 3-chip 3LCD Smart Laser projector with ultra-short throw laser diode technology increases the brightness and projects120 inches detailed, refined image explicitly.
Along with 3600 lumens brightness, it overcomes the ambient light conditions. This projector consists of stunning 4K HD HDR resolution that displays HD picture quality 1080p and gives a realistic approach to movies and sports events.
The Epson EpiqVision Ultra LS300 projector has 2 HDMI inputs for simultaneous connection to 2 external source devices.
One HDMI is specific and ARC-compatible for simple and easy connectivity to your sound system or home theatre system.
It’s a fully remote-controlled function. The projector has built-in Wi-Fi and Chromecast, along with an Android TV operating system that provides you access to premium content via smartphones or entertainment apps.
You can also search the content of your choice only via your voice through the google voice assistant.
Why choose Epson EpiqVision Ultra LS300:
- The Epson EpiqVision Ultra LS300 projector with 4K full HD HDR resolution delivers a stunning and immersive bright view of movies, TV shows, and gaming with acceptable picture quality up to 120″.
- Built-in powerful and melodious Yamaha soundbar 2.1 speaker system also connects via Bluetooth to a stand-alone sound system.
- This projector comes up with the built-in latest Android TV with a very simple-to-use interface.
- It’s fully remote functional, but you can also control it via google voice assistant and watch your all-time favorite streaming channels.
- Its ultra-unique multi-array laser diode technology adds exceptional brightness and projects excellent white and black image density details.
- Its design is effortless, elegant, clean, and aesthetic to fit in any room like a decorative system beautifully.
- This Epson EpiqVision Ultra LS300 projector has an actual three-chip projector design that delivers outstanding color accuracy and excellent color brightness due to its advanced 3 LCD technology.
- With a built-in Chromecast system, you can enjoy your favorite content from your tablet smartphone wirelessly.
- The advanced and automatic scene-based color correction makes the image clearer and more natural.
The Epson EpiqVision Ultra LS300 3-chip 3LCD Smart Laser Projector has an elegant design with simplicity. It’s lightweight with 15.9 pounds and compact body, easy to carry.
Its short-throw focusing lens is located on the top or roof of the projector with a lumen lamp source.
On both sides, the ventilation fans are functionally installed. On the bottom are the lags on which the projector’s placement took place.
All other connections, including HDMI, USB, Audio in/out, are on the backside.
Connections and Controls:
- Wireless Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Fully smart remote controlled
- 2 HDMI inputs for two source devices
- 1 HDMI input (ARC-compatible) for simple connectivity
- USB-A port
- Optical output
- Service output
Performance of Epson EpiqVision Ultra LS300:
- Epson EpiqVision Ultra LS300 projector displays immersive and stunning picture quality with fine details up to 120″ with Full HD HDR and 4K resolution acceptance.
- You can get a powerful and emotional sound performance with a custom-designed 2.1 Yamaha speaker system.
- Now you can watch your favorite streaming content on Hulu, Disney, and HBO via built-in Android TV.
- It’s very smooth to use via voice search with built-in google assistant.
- The Epson EpiqVision Ultra LS300 3-chip 3LCD Smart Laser Projector with unique array laser diode technology significantly enhances the image’s black density and makes it more evident with increasing brightness.
- Now it can be used as home décor due to its simple and elegant aesthetic design.
- Excellent color accuracy due to advanced 3LCD technology displays RGB color signal for every frame up to 100%.
- I have the best experience using a wirelessly built-in Chromecast. Now you can enjoy movies and sports from your smart devices directly on a projector.
- They are delivering clear and natural pictures with automatic scene-based color correction.
- It produces a little bit of noise when used for a long time and only supports full HD 1080p content.
3. ViewSonic True 4K UHD Shorter Throw LED Projector
ViewSonic is the best short throw 4k projector with True 4K UHD resolution delivers a cinematic display experience with smart streaming and portable design. I used it and found it a versatile setup projector with a lightweight design, easy to carry, and short throw lens; you can use this projector indoors or in your backyard.
Moreover, its 2500 lumens brightness makes it possible to watch movies, shows, and images in a vivid and clear display.
You can even command it to display your favorite movies and TV shows with Amazon Alexa and Google voice assistant.
With the help of an integrated Wi-Fi setup, you can enjoy the content of your choice in crispy Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution with Rec. 709 compatibilities.
I like its big-screen home entertainment experience with melodious Harman Kardon Bluetooth speakers on a 120″ screen.
Why choose ViewSonic:
- This projector comes with 4K Ultra HD resolution with 8.3 million pixels that adds amazing sharp images to your life with 4x clarity.
- The ViewSonic True 4K UHD projector has a power consumption of up to 35%,e., more cost-efficiently and eco-friendly.
- Viewsonic true 4K UHD projector with 2500 LED lumens project sharp and brilliant images without distortion and blurriness of image for up to 30000 hours, and it’s mercury-free.
- This projector with updated laser technology integrates the green, red, and blue LED lamp lights sources and enhances the image luminance and color saturation.
- It’s HDR10 compatible, and it projects the in-depth details of an image in both bright and dark parts of the picture. Now you can enjoy your content with better image contrast ratio quality.
- Due to its unique style and performance, it’s now on the list of best short throw 4k projector with a 1080p complete HD environment; you can now clearly enjoy the 3D images and videos in any style.
- Viewsonic 4K true UHD projector has a super cinematic color with Rec.709 wide color range that brings a cinematic view and a realistic perspective in your room.
- With the help of voice control technology, you can control your projector via voice with Amazon Alexa and google assistant.
- Vibrant and harmonious sound with dual integrated Harman Kardon speakers adds to it and gives the experience of live listening to a concert. Bluetooth smart speakers’ connectivity is also available.
- With the help of a built-in auto focus and auto keystone feature, you can now watch any image from any side angle and also align it in a while.
The ViewSonic True 4K UHD Shorter Throw LED Portable Smart Wi-Fi Home Theater Projector is an IF Design Award Winner sleek metal surface, sturdy handle, and elegant leather cover.
ViewSonic has a lightweight 9 pounds, compact and durable leather body with minimum front-end buttons.
The front side of the projector has a beautiful circular lens with eco-friendly bright lights.
On the top here is the adjustment wheel and Wi-Fi Bluetooth button. Moreover, on the bottom, you will get adjustable lags, mounting screws.
Connections and Controls:
- USB Type-C connectivity
- Wireless connectivity via Chromecast
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Single HDMI audio-video port
- One ethernet LAN port
- Mini USB port for digital devices
Performance of ViewSonic:
- The ViewSonic True 4K UHD projector moves in the market with high contrast ratio, 2400 LED lumens, minimum 0.8 throw ratio, 4K full HD resolution, four-core processors.
- The 4K full UHD resolution (3840×2160) gives a clear and crisp image in a 2400 brightness on a 200 inches screen.
- With a minimum 0.8 short-throw ratio, it’s called the best short throw 4k projector; it’s projecting a massive display with a minimum distance between projector and projector screen.
- The ViewSonic, with high contrast ratio, delivers good quality images with in-depth details. ‘
- With its integrated APTOIDE UI, you can download and watch the premium Netflix, Amazon, and YouTube content.
- Lifelike more realistic colors and immersive viewing experience due to its Rec. 709 color accuracy and high dynamic range content HDR support.
- The HDR support helps display videos having a high activity rate with no difference in video display and streaming.
- Room filling audio experience with its built-in Harman Kardon Bluetooth speakers.
- The projector can be mounted anywhere easily without any hassle.
- The only shortcoming is the unavailability of an Ethernet port required for an internet connection. Color quality needs improvement.
Check out our top 4k home theater projectors
4. Optoma GT1080HDR Short Throw Gaming Projector
Optoma GT1080HDR is one of the best short throw 4k projectors and the topmost priority of gaming lovers. This projector is made for gamers.
With 1080p full HDR quality and clarity image, 4K input compatibility, this projector displays delicate and detailed gaming videos with short throws for easy and simple setup and ease in mobility.
The gamers have an excellent experience with its 3800 Lumens light source, having ultra-bright performance even in ambient light.
Moreover, as per my experience, this projector ensures and projects blur-free visuals with no lags with a response time of 8.4ms with enhanced gaming mode having a 120Hz refresh rate.
The Optoma GT1080HDR is versatile and connects with various gaming devices, media layers, and additional intelligent devices. It’s a perfect combination for a game-loving companion.
Why choose Optoma GT1080:
- The GT1080HDR projector is compatible with HDR (High dynamic range) technology that increases the brightness and color ratio and displays more transparent and crispy images.
- It’s the perfect one with full HD 1080p resolution that provides sharp and detailed images without any defect, and it’s best for watching movies, games, and photos.
- With its short throw design, keeping the lights on day or night doesn’t compromise its brightness and handle ambient light conditions.
- GT1080HDR displays immense 100″ images in congested spaces just 1.1 meters away from the screen.
- Having 4000 lumens brightness makes it vibrant in all environmental conditions and graded it the best one for medium-sized living rooms.
- The GT1080HDR has a sharp and high contrast ratio that adds reality to the images with clear and crisp text.
- GT1080HDR projectors can indeed display all kinds of 3D content from any source, including 3D broadcasting, 3D Blu-ray payers, and the most updated gaming consoles with no distortion.
- It is now easy to convert into a bright display by connecting with smartphones and tablets with a single MHL cable, viewing your documents and streams, and sharing your photos on a big screen among devices.
- Quick resume automatic feature that allows this projector to power on again if suddenly accidentally turned off automatically.
- A pair of powerful integrated speakers provide quality sound, and it’s easy to set up.
The Optoma GT1080HDR Short Throw Gaming Projector is a 7.7 pounds lightweight and easy-to-carry projector with charming white color.
The front of the projector only contains a focusing lens. On the top of the projector is the focusing wheel, along with power adjustment buttons. Moreover, on the sides, you will get ventilation fans.
On the bottom, you will find the adjustment lags and mounting screws.
Connections and Controls:
- Wireless and Bluetooth connectivity
- Fully remote controlled
- HDMI port to connect a laptop, PC, or Blu-ray player
- VGA port for video output
- 10W speaker
- USB port for digital devices
Performance of Optoma GT1080:
- The 1080p resolution of the Optoma GT1080HDR Short Throw Gaming Projector displays sharp and detailed images without any downscaling and perfect for movies and games and is called the best short throw 4k projector by its customers.
- Optoma GT1080HDR Short Throw Gaming Projector with 4K resolution and HDR compatibility make the images more precise and realistic by improving contrast and brightness.
- It provides the best image quality even in daylight due to its short-throw design.
- It also delivers a 100-inch image on the screen with just 1.1 meters distance from the screen.
- With 3800 lumens brightness, it’s vibrant in all conditions and the best choice for medium-sized rooms.
- The Optoma GT1080HDR Short Throw Gaming Projector adds more depth and satisfactory adjustment to the image with a brighter white and rich black; the images appear realistically. The text seems clear and crispy.
- Now you can turn the Optoma GT1080HDR Short Throw Gaming Projector into an intelligent display with a single cable using MHL. It is easy now to view presentations, documents and even stream videos and photos on big screens.
- Integrated powerful speakers provide melodious sound quality that is easy and simple to set up.
- The built-in speakers’ sound quality needs improvement along with carrying cases.
We have made a list of top-rated gaming projectors for home theaters, make sure to read them.
5. WeMax Nova Short Throw Laser Projector
Wemax Nova is the best short throw 4k projector in range with a lot of specialties and features.
Its built-in four 30 watt soundbars, 4K resolution providing the complete detailed picture quality with laser technology, and streaming interface make it all in one potential.
With its wireless connectivity, people can enjoy their favorite shows and movies and access any premium content. Moreover, it’s easy to install with a flexible setup.
With this, you can access tons of apps, including Hulu, HBO Max, and Disney. For Netflix, you need a streaming stick or other content source to access.
8-point keystone correction is the feature that gives it a simple and most accessible overall setup. There is no need to find an expert for its installation.
Why choose Wemax Nova:
- This projector with 4K UHD and 5000 lumen light source gives you a 4x resolution of 1080p or full HD picture quality.
- Wemax Nova short-throw reduces the eyestrain by causing the diffusion of light with full detailed picture quality.
- This projector comes up with ALPD 3.0 and TI DLP technology. ALPD technology aids in the confined use of light that makes vivid the minor finer details across a wider color gamut and vibrance for video resolution.
- With the laser technology of Wemax Nova, you can choose four different project sizes from 80 inches, 100inches, 120inches, 150″ at the center of your home theater.
- This projector with eight keystone corrections involves making micro-adjustments to increase image quality for a real in-home cinema experience.
- It also has built-in four 30-watt Dolby speakers with a mighty boast of delicate and detailed picture quality. For the musical audio experience, you can also connect your home cinema sound with a Nova projector via HDMI output ports.
- With many built-in popular apps, you can also control it via google assistant and tell nova what you want to watch.
- Bluetooth wireless casting to Wemax Nova is compatible with many devices like iPad, iPhones, laptops, tablets, and other intelligent streaming devices. One exception uses a fire TV for Netflix to work.
The WeMax Nova is a 21.5 pounds projector with clear and simple lines on its surface that adds to its beauty.
The main power button is on the top of the projector with a silver, black appearance.
On the front, you will have a lens for focusing via bright light.
The majority of its connections are on the backside, including the power port. You have your audio output and optical audio and an av input and another USB port on the back.
On the back of the projector, you also have a protector that automatically shuts it off as you move very close to the screen.
This projector is made of rigid plastic, but it looks like an aluminum reel.
On the side, there is an added USB port and also a wheel to adjust the image size. The wheels are present on both sides.
Connections and Controls:
- Bluetooth or wireless connectivity
- Fully remote controlled
- Dual USB 2.0 (1 side, one rear)
- Triple HDMI 2.0 ports (w CEC/ARC support)
- Single 3.5mm headphone port
- One port for 3.5mm composite video
- Single S/PDIF audio interconnector
- One RJ-45 Ethernet LAN port
Performance of WeMax Nova:
- The WeMax Nova Short Throw Laser Projector comes up with 4K UHD resolution, 5000 lumen light source, ALPD, TI DLP technology, massive screen size, 8-point keystone correction, and powerful built-in soundbars.
- You can enjoy the Full HD 1080p image quality with 4K UHD and 5000 lumen light source.
- You can get complete eye protection because this short-through projector reduces the eyestrain by causing the diffusion of light without distortion of the image.
- Fantastic video resolution display with more acceptable detailed image due to WeMax Nova Short Throw Laser Projector ALPD and TI DLP technology.
- These technologies make Wemax Nova the best short throw 4k projector that displays even little light and dark image details.
- Even the minor image quality misalignment can be corrected within seconds by its 8-point keystone correction. Now it’s easy to adjust or align the image vertically within only a few seconds.
- The WeMax Nova Short Throw Laser Projector with powerful 30W DTS HD speakers provides clear crystal sound and acceptable image quality. You can also add your home speakers with HDMI ports for a better experience.
- Now you can enjoy the content of your choice only with just a single click because it contains about 5K built-in apps, including HBO Max, Disney, and Showtime.
- Multiple device simultaneous compatibility makes it the best choice with Bluetooth connectivity. Now you can also display your smartphones, tablets with this projector and do live streaming from YouTube.
- The only bad experience is that sometimes it doesn’t provide a clear image display in different bright locations.
How to Choose Best Short Throw 4k Projector
Sometimes you want to use a projector for a big screen in your room or house, but you cannot fulfill your desire due to lack of space.
Many people want to find a projector for movies at home or a presentation in an easy-to-handle office.
The above description of some best short throw 4k projector is given in great detail, keeping in view this requirement only.
All features and information are provided in the article. Here are all the buying guidelines for purchasing the ultra-short-throw projector if you are looking for more details.
If you are looking to buy a short-throw projector, then you must keep these different specification points in your mind.
Almost all the projectors have some resolution power. But this resolution power is different from the physical screen resolution.
There are lines and pixels on a physical screen, and one can easily detect the resolution detail. Comparatively, the projectors only have bulbs instead of pixels.
The projectors are primarily used for watching movies and TV shows. So one must demand the best image quality out of it.
Indeed, most projectors offer FHD resolution, which is the best one for average budget options.
Moreover, if you want delicate and crispy image clarity and sharp color contrast, you have to go for a 4K UHD projector offering excellent sharpness.
You can check out our guides about 4k vs 1080p resolutions
Short throw distance:
Checking the throw distance of your projector is most important. Throw distance means the minimum distance required between the projector and projector screen for achieving the given screen size. It is a crucial feature for buying an ultra-short throw projector. Must consider the short throw projector having the shortest throw distance.
There are ultra-short-throw projectors available with different throw distances like 7 inches, 11 inches, 13 inches, and 15 inches. The 7 inch is the minimum throw distance and is the best choice for you because you can easily keep your projector near to the projector screen with fine image clarity.
Brightness output is also an important feature to consider before buying a short throw projector.
Sometimes it might happen that you are using a projector in your room, and light coming from windows distorts an image if the projector doesn’t have enough brightness.
Brightness tells you the strength and power of the bulb uses in any projector.
Additionally, if the projector uses a powerful bulb, you may use it when it’s not dark. In simple words, more will be the strength or lumens, and more will be the image clarity or ease to use in daylight.
Higher contrast ratio:
A low contrast ratio projector displays a blur or muddied image quality. The image center may appear as shadows or highlights.
On the other hand, a higher contrast ratio projector increases the picture quality and clarity. Must consider high contrast ratio when you’re buying a short-throw projector.
Projector screen size:
People are giving priority to projectors over TV or monitors is only due to their large screen size display. You must keep in mind that huge images possess high-quality resolution in the case of an ultra-short throw projector. The display sizes of these projectors included 100 inches, 120 inch and even 150 inches.
These projectors are giving these big-size screen displays with a minimum short-throw ratio. Must prioritize a giant screen projector within our budget, and their screen sizes may also change as per the requirements.
All the projectors have different connectivity options. Some projectors only have audio in/out port for functioning. Keep in mind your hardware needs and then buy the projector according to your requirement.
Moreover, an ultra-short throw projector is a video-audio output device like a TV and monitor, so it’s essential to check its connectivity options. The ultra-short-throw projectors have versatile connectivity options, including USB device port, Ethernet LAN connection, video input, audio output, etc. these all ports are present on the backside of any projector.
As discussed above, a lot of short-throw projectors are available in the market.
If you are the one who doesn’t have a spacious room or also not in need of a heavy projector hanging from the ceiling, then you must consider a short-throw projector because this is the one which is according to your taste and nature.
The best short throw 4k projectors are versatile and easy to install with autofocus and geometrical alignment. In my view, if you are still confused and looking for a high-performance ultra-short-throw project, then straightforward go for the WeMax Nova ultra-short-throw projector.
This projector offers a big size screen with realistic cinematic image quality with sharp colors.
With this versatile projector, you can get up to a 150 inches screen with a mere distance of 9 inches from the projector screen. It can also provide you full HD 3840 x 2160 4K UHD projector with excellent image quality.