In this article, we will help you to select the Best Projector Under 1000 based on picture quality, color, black levels, resolutions, sharpness, and input lag.
Finding the best projector under 1000 with 3D compatibility, tremendous color accuracy, high refresh rate, long-lasting lamp, and latest display chip is a dream of a projector lover like me. I believe 1000 bucks is considered a mid-range price tag for home theater protectors.
Due to the abundance of home theater projectors newbies are confused to selecting the desired one, we are here with the list of top-rated home theater projectors under 1000 with compact design, easy user interfaces, wider color gamut, HDR 10, 3D compatibility, etc.
After multiple experiments, practical testing, and expert consultations we have shortlisted the most powerful and reliable home theater projector for under $1000.
Without further wasting time let have a look at expert’s recommendations:
Best Projector Under 1000
As per our research, the best projectors under 1000 are those that provide accurate colors, low input lag, sufficient brightness, contrast ratio, and deeper blacks with a long-lasting lamp and body.
Other features like 3D compatibility, HDR compatibility, high refresh rate, and motorized lens should be considered as well.
Check out our reviews on projectors under $500 if your budget is under 500.
Let’s check out our list:
What is the Best Projector Under 1000?
Optoma HD28HDR 1080p
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
Epson Home Cinema 2150
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
BenQ TK800M 4K UHD
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
Epson Home Cinema 2250
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
BenQ HT2050A 1080P
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
Xgimi H2 4K 1080p HD Smart
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
ViewSonic PJD7828HDL-3200 Lumens
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
LG PF50KA Portable Full HD LED
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
1. Optoma HD28HDR 1080p Home Theater Projector
Optoma HD28HDR 1080p Review
Optoma HD28HDR comes with the most powerful DLP chip to provide full HD 1080p and 4k with a crisp and clear display.
Though you will not get native 4k, still you will be blown away to see the color accuracy, sharpness, details, and black levels of this projector.
Moreover, it comes with a very low input lag of 8.4ms to enhance the gaming experience, 120 Hz display is sufficient to provide a smooth banding-free gaming experience.
Also, HDR28HDR comes with HDR 10 and HLG support to enhance the colors, shadows, and details of your favorite HDR-compatible content.
Besides HDR10 it supports 3D content as well; you just need to purchase 3D glasses to enjoy with your buddies.
Why choose Optoma HDR280HDR
- HDR280HDR with next-generation technology to provide high definition content without downscaling or compression. You will get full HD 1080p content with 4k support.
- Wider 6 segment (RYGCWB) color wheel that tries to produce super accurate colors with sRBG and rec.709. A wider color gamut will provide you with a real cinematic experience.
- Besides its colors, this beast comes with 3600 lumens and a 50000:1 contrast ratio with deepest black levels to provide crisp, clear, and detailed images even in modes ambient environment.
- The dynamic deeper black levels will enhance the realism of black scenes; you will see the black scenes in more detail while white scenes remain bright and clear.
- 120Hz display with gaming mode is added for gamers to explore an extremely smooth gaming experience with very low input lag. Gameplay mode will enhance the shadows and visibility of fast scenes you can explore them properly.
- HDR10 and HLG enhance the visual experience with deeper black levels, amazing colors, contrast, and sharpness. Due to the high lumens, you will get sufficient brightness even in HDR 10 mode.
- It comes with 3D support just you need to purchase 3D glasses to watch your favorite broadcast or serials.
- Extremely durable lamp with 15,000 hours of lamp life, also, it can replace easily.
- Versatile connections and controls to add dongles, HDMI’s, USBs, gaming consoles, sound systems, etc.
- Built-in normal quality speakers which you can use in case you don’t have others.
- Flexible modes like sports mode, gaming mode, ISF mode, etc.
Design of HDR28HDR
Optoma HDR28HDR is lightweight and compact with some buttons and dials on the top to adjust the focus, zoom, and lens shift.
On the bottom, you will get some adjustable legs to place safely at any angle.
On the front a large lens and scream ventilations on the side to stay cool the projector.
From the backside, you will all essential connections to integrate HDMIs, USBs, etc.
Connections and controls
- A fully functional remote control to control the whole projector.
- HDMI 1.4a 3D support.
- HDMI 2.0.
- USB 1.5A.
- 3.5mm Audio output to connect to the external audio system.
Performance of HDR28HDR
Though this projector comes with an extremely budget-friendly price tag, still it provides you latest DLP chip with a wider color gamut to provide you the next generation visual experience.
Its 3600 lumens with a 50000:1 contrast ratio is performing well even in a slightly ambient environment, however, in harsh ambient, you may not get satisfying results
HDR and 3D performance of Optoma HDR28HDR is average as compared to expensive models, still, it enhances the colors, shadow, and details to sufficient levels as compared to competitors.
The SDR quality of this projector is mind bowing with Dynamic black levels to get every tiny detail in the dark scenes.
Moreover, Optoma adds a high refresh rate with gaming mode to provide you ultra-smooth 120 Hz display, enhanced colors, and shadows with very low input lag, even you can’t feel input lag in 4k mode.
28HDR28 comes with built-in speakers with average sound quality, still, it will help you if you don’t have a heavy audio system.
Due to its sleek, compact, and lightweight design, you can carry it easily on your camping journey.
Though it doesn’t have lots of connections like USB service ports, VGA ports, etc. still you can do your work it has all the essential ports.
Optoma 28HDR28 comes with a standard throw ratio; you will get a wide 120 inches screen from 11 to 12 feet away.
Optoma also provides a long-lasting lamp with an instant startup it can last for 15,000 hours and can be replaced cheaply.
A complete package for those who want to explore realistic HDR quality, 3D effects with enhanced cinematic colors.
Optoma added 3600 lumens, 5000:1 contrast ratio, and dynamic black levels to provide the most detailed picture quality, with sufficient sharpness and black levels.
Also, it comes with a very low input lag of 8.4ms, and in gaming mode, you will get an extremely smooth gaming experience with mind-blowing shadow, texture, and colors. You will be impressed even if you are a hardcore gamer.
Besides gaming mode this beast comes with lots of other modes like the movie, sports, and ISF modes, you can explore multiple experts calibrations.
Though this is a budget-friendly projector still it provides you flicker-free 3D content with realistic colors, you just need to purchase 3d DLP link glasses.
Overall this is one of the best projectors under 1000.
2. Epson Home Cinema 215 – Wireless Full HD
Epson Home Cinema 2150 Review
Home Cinema 2150 comes with native 1080p full HD resolutions with a wider screen size, you will get 132 inches diagonal widescreen with perfect colors, brightness, and details.
Epson utilizes the innovative 3 LCD technology to provide super detailed image quality with an impressive contrast ratio of 60000:1. You will get impressive blacks in dark scenes without compromising the brightness.
3 LCD technology is powerful enough to produce supernatural colors without Rainbow effects. Also, Epson utilizes 2500 lumens for brightness and 2500 lumens for colors as well. You will hardly find Rainbow effects.
Moreover, it comes with lots of connections and controls to add lots of new dongles, HDMIs, gaming consoles, etc. on the other hand you will get a remote control, dials, and a bunch of buttons on the top to adjust the keystone, focus, zoom, etc.
Home Cinema 2150 comes with a built-in 10 watts speaker, you can utilize it whenever you don’t have another option.
Why choose Home Cinema 2150
- It comes with 3LCD technology to project full HD 1080p picture quality with, deeper blacks, realistic colors, and breathtaking brightness without Rainbow effects.
- Epson utilizes 2500 lumens for both brightness and colors to project top-notch picture quality even on a large screen of 132 inches.
- Home Cinema 2150 comes with enhanced projection technology and frame interpolation to provide blurring free frames even in fast scenes, off course gamers will get benefits from this technology as well.
- 10 bits color technology with 1.07 billion colors to project real cinematic colors.
- Support 3D content you just need to purchase DLP link 3d glasses.
- Home Cinema 2150 comes with a 60000:1 contrast ratio to provide you crisp, clear, and sharp image quality even in dark scenes.
- A door to cover the projector from the dust.
- HDMI MHL to connect your mobile tablet wirelessly.
- Easy to connect any steaming device like amazon fire TV, Apple TV, chromate, etc.
- Comes with a quick and convenient remote control with lots of shortcuts.
- Fully functional motorized lens, you can shift lens 47% to the right or left side on the horizontal axis, however, you can shift 96% on the vertical axis.
- Versatile connectivity to add dongles, HDMIs USBs, etc.
- Impressive lamp life of 7500 hours on eco mode, however, you can get 4500 hours on normal mode.
Design of Epson Home Cinema 2150
The overall design of this projector is impressive with its compact size and normal weight. You will get a large lens on the front with adequate ventilation in the corner.
On the top, you will get a lot of buttons and dials to adjust anything from focus to keystone correction.
The backside of the projector contains all essential ports and small ventilation for the speaker, however, on the sides, you will get scream ventilation to cool down the projector.
On the bottom, you will get 3 adjustable legs to place your projector at any angle.
Connections and controls
- A fully functional remote control.
- 2 HDMI ports one with MHL.
- 1 Audio output.
- USB Type-A port.
- USB min for service only.
- VGA D-sub 5 pin
Performance of Epson 2150
Though the projector needs 40-60 seconds to project actual display after startup once it started it can provide you tremendous picture quality even in a slightly ambient environment.
The color quality, brightness, contrasts, and black levels are mind-blowing in a dark black cave but in a harsh ambient room, you will not get that much performance.
Cinema 2150 comes with a versatile connection to add multiple streaming devices; even you can mirror your mobile phone or table to operate it.
Moreover, it comes with a built-in speaker of average quality, if you are a hardcore music lover, please add our sound system.
The gaming performance of this projector is average in terms of lagging, cinema 2150 comes with a 60Hz display with frame smoothing technology, still,120Hz provides a more smooth experience.
When it comes to the noise, it is not an extremely silent projector in the high-performance mode, however, in eco mode, you will hardly find the noise.
Overall its performance is amazing as compared to the price tag.
Epson home cinema 2150 is one of the best projectors under 1000 bucks with compact size, innovative 3LCD technology, and 10 bit 1.2 billion colors.
Though it doesn’t have 120Hz, still an average gamer can play games comfortably, also, Frame interpolation technology will further improve the smoothness.
Moreover, it has 1 HDMI MHL to connect streaming devices, mobile phones, etc. wirelessly.
Also, the Epson home cinema 2150 comes with breathtaking brightness and contrast ratio to enjoy streaming in a modest environment with decant blacks, colors, and brightness.
Overall it is a complete package with multiple functions.
Lets checkout our guide about top epson projectors
3. BenQ TK800M 4K UHD
BenQ TK800M 4K UHD Review
TK800M comes with a superb 4K UHD resolution of 3840×2160 with 8.3 million pixels to vanish the blurring effects by adding more clarity, sharpness, and colors.
BenQ utilized the latest 0.47” DMD technology with the 4K-optimized lens to provide a top-notch theater-like experience in your home. Also, they have utilized 96% rec.709 to provide mind-blowing color accuracy.
BenQ TK800M is equipped with HDR 10 And HLG, you can play HDR content in 4k resolutions with improved color tones, brightness, shadows, highlights, etc.
Another major advantage of this projector is its compact size and budget-friendly price tag, You will get multiple features like auto keystone corrections, longer lamp life, decent brightness, contrast ratio, etc. within the mid-range price tag.
Why choose BenQ TK800M
- It comes with 4k UHD resolutions to provide the most detailed picture quality even in SDR mode.
- TK800M comes with a single 4K UHD DMD-DLP chip to project True 8.3 Million Pixels, you will get razor-sharp image quality without blurring effects.
- BenQ has utilized 3000 lumens with a wider color gamut and high contrast ratio to project impressively sharp and bright picture quality even in the ambient environment.
- TK800M comes with an upgraded 4k color wheel with 96%.rec 709 that can perfectly balance the colors, brightness, and black even in HDR mode.
- 120 Hz display for gamers to get a mind-blowing gaming experience with smooth frames without banding or compressions. Also, it has a preset gaming mode to enjoy ultra-smooth gaming.
- TK800M comes with HDR10 and HLG that can enhance the colors, contrast ratio, brightness, shadows, and blacks to bring the most detailed picture quality even at the edges.
- BenQ also has utilized the CinemaMaster Audio+ 2 with 5-watt audio to provide breathtaking sound quality. Cinema master audio+ comes with the most detailed vocals, impressive bass with long-lasting sensual sound.
- Also, cinema master audio +2 is intelligent enough to change the sounds according to the modes, e.g. if you are watching sports it will change the sound to more smooth so that you can clearly hear the commentary.
- Auto keystone correction to set the dimensions of the screen automatically. Also, its lamp life is 15,000 hours with an instant start-up.
- Dedicated preset modes like sports, gaming, movie, cinema, etc. to enjoy the professional calibrations.
- 3D support with flicker-free image quality just needs to do some settings.
- Flexible connections and controls to integrate your dongles, USBs, etc.
- Noiseless operation with compact and lightweight design.
Design of BenQ TK800M
TK800M has a lightweight, compact, and easy-to-carry design with minimalist buttons and dials on the top.
The front side of this projector has a beautiful lens with scream ventilation on the corner.
On the bottom you will get adjustable lags and ceiling mount screws, however on the back you will get connections.
The sides of the projector also have ventilation for speakers and airflow.
Connection and controls
- Remote control and a lot of buttons and dials on the top to control the whole projector.
- HDMI 1 HDCP 2.2.
- HDMI 2 HDCP 1.4.
- USB type-A.
- Mini USB type B.
- Audio input and output.
- IR receiver
- PC input RS-232.
- 12V trigger.
Performance of TK800M
The performance of this projector in modest ambient is amazing; you will get extremely clear picture quality, color, and blacks. However, there may be a slight difference in low light performance.
Moreover, the HDR performance of this projector is mind-blowing; you can see every tiny detail from any angle. Even if you are watching from an irregular angle you will notice the color accuracy.
As BenQ TK800M comes with a 120Hz display your gaming experience will be top-notch with very low input lag, however, you may feel slightly low brightness but you can play with the modes to increase it.
BenQ has added the latest cinema master audio +2 with impressive audio quality, still, if you are a hardcore music lover please integrate your sound system.
Though the auto keystone correction somehow helps you to fit the screen still you have to put your projector at the center as it doesn’t have a motorized lens.
The user interface of this projector is very easy just you need to explore the multiple features to enjoy the top-notch picture quality.
BenQ TK800M is a complete package for those who want to explore 4k picture quality, HDR10, and 3D content within a mid-range price tag.
It comes in a small size to carry on the trips with multiple ports on the back to play anything from your USB or you can connect your laptop etc. to enhance your camping experience.
As you might know ambient light is the enemy of the projectors but this projector has 3000 lumens to tackle down the modest ambient light.
Also, it has a built-in speaker with Cinemamaster audio +2 with improved audio quality as compared to the other competitors.
4. Epson Home Cinema 2250 3LCD
Epson Home Cinema 2250 Review
Home cinema 2250 utilizes the 3 LCD technology to provide stunning crisp and clear full HD 1080p display with deeper black levels and sufficient contrast ratio.
The latest 3 LCD technology is powerful enough to accept 100% of RGB color processing to provide a theater-like experience without compromising the brightness. You will hardly find Rainbow effects even at high brightness.
Epson combines 2700 lumens, 70000:1 contrast ratio, and dynamic black levels to provide mind-blowing picture quality even in dark scenes, you will feel the sharpness even at the corners.
Built-in vertical lens shift to change the position of projection without moving the projector.
Why Choose Epson Home Cinema 2250
- Though Cinema 2250 comes with a mid-range price tag still it provides the most powerful 3 LCD chip that can deliver immersive visual display.
- Epson Home Cinema 2250 also comes with 2700 lumens and 70000:1 contrast to provide fine quality even in a modest ambient environment.
- Deeper black levels are perfectly capable to provide stunning picture quality even in dark scenes.
- The front of the projector has a huge lens with a door to cover it; however, on the top, you have lots of mechanical controls like dials and buttons to adjust focus, lens shift, Zoom, etc. Also, you will get a remote control with lots of shortcut keys to adjust anything.
- Built-in android TV with Google voice assistance to watch your favorite serials, podcasts, YouTube, etc. without purchasing an external streaming device.
- Built-in 10 watts speaker with average sound quality, you can use it when you don’t have any option.
- 12-bit analog-to-digital video processing to lower input lag, you will hardly feel banding and compression.
- 10-bit color processing to provide natural colors even at high brightness, you will never feel Rainbow effects because of the advanced 3 LCD technology.
- Epson Home Cinema 2250 can work in a modest ambient environment because of its high lumens and deeper blacks.
- The dynamic iris adjusts the brightness of scenes, when a dark scene appears iris tries to enhance the brightness without compromising the blacks.
- Built-in vertical lens shift to move the screen without moving the projector.
- A long-lasting lamp with a normal startup time can last about 7500 hours on eco mode however at the full performance it can last or 4500 hours.
Design of Home Cinema 2250
The projector is compact and lightweight with a huge lens on the front with a door to cover it.
The roof of the projector contains lots of buttons and dials, however, the bottom of the projector has three adjustable legs for safe placement.
The sides of cinema 2250 have scream ventilations to release heat, on the other hand, it has scream ventilations for speakers on the back with multiple ports.
Connections and Controls
Remote control, dials, and buttons to adjust anything from zoom to lens shift.
- 1 HDMI port.
- USB service port.
- Audio output with mini-jack.
Performance of Epson Home Cinema 2250
The full HD 1080p content of this projector is mind-blowing but it could be improved in terms of colors. Though the latest 3LCD Chips are very powerful to accept RBGs due to the missing color wheel, you may feel slightly muted colors.
The black levels, contrast ratio, and brightness of this projector are amazing in the dark environment but if you are using it in the ambient environment, you may not get satisfactory results.
Epson home cinema 2250 comes with minimum ports, I don’t know why Epson did this, if you are hunting for a versatile connections home theater projector this is not for you.
Moreover, it comes with average built-in speakers; if you are a hardcore music lover guy please integrate your sound system.
12-bit analog-to-digital video processing is added to smoothen your gaming experience but you can’t get a smoother experience than a 120Hz display.
Overall this one of the best projector under 1000 with native 1080p support.
If you are looking for the best 1080p home theater projector under 1000 within the mid-range price tag this is for you. Home cinema 2250 will provide you with crisp and clear picture quality with decent lumens, black levels, and a contrast ratio.
Moreover, it has a built-in android TV to operate your favorite serials, YouTube, apps, etc. You don’t need to purchase an extra streaming device.
Also, Epson utilized the dynamic iris to balance out the brightness according to the scenes; you don’t need to adjust the brightness.
It doesn’t have a higher refresh rate display but you will get a 12-bit analog to a digital display that can enhance the smoothness of games without banding or compression of the frames.
5. BenQ HT2050A 1080P
BenQ HT2050A Review
HT2050A comes with truly superior image quality with very low input lag, sufficient brightness, and contrast ratio to provide real cinematic colors even in a bigger picture.
This tiny beast comes with the latest powerful DLP chip and 96% Rec.709 color calibration to project natural colors with crisp and clear picture quality.
Besides its picture quality, the new HT2050A comes with a low input lag as compared to the previous HT2050 you will surely get compressing and banding-free gaming experience with a perfectly smooth display.
Another major advantage of HT2050A over HT2050 is, you will get vertically and horizontal keystone correction, knowing you can put your projector at any corner and adjust the screen with keystones.
Moreover, BenQ provides you 3 year of warranty with 25/7 support.
Why choose BenQ HT2050A
- THE latest HT2050A utilizes the industry’s best DLP chip to provide crisp, clear, and theater-like picture quality with natural colors without Rainbow effects. Almost all of the worlds’ cinemas utilize 90% of DLP technology, however digital IMAX Theaters utilize 100% of DLP technology.
- HT2050A also comes with a low input lag as compared to the previous model, you will get 16.67ms input lag which is not bad if you are not a hardcore gamer.
- Like other Expensive BenQ projectors, HT2050A also comes with a 10 bits color processing with a wider color gamut and a 6X speed RGBRGB color wheel to provide super-accurate cinematic colors with natural tones.
- BenQ HT2050A comes with a 2200 lumen and 15000:1 contrast ratio to provide full HD flawless, bright display even in 300 inches display.
- Flexible connection and controls to add gaming consoles, android dongles, HDMI’s, audio outputs, etc.
- Lots of Preset modes like music, gaming cinema, etc. to explore professional calibrations, you can calibrate yourself as well.
- Though this home theater projector comes in a mid-range price tag, still you will get 3D compatibility, just you need to purchase 3D glasses to explore.
- HT2050A also comes with a powerful 10 watts speaker with advanced cinema master +2 audio to enhance your hearing experience, you will explore immersive audio quality with improved clarity, base, etc.
- Another major advantage of BenQ HT2050A is you can get a 100 to 300 inches flawless screen from 8 to 20 feet away.
- A backlight remote control with lots of shortcuts for modes, keystone correction, etc. Also, you will get a bunch of buttons and dials on the top of the projector to adjust anything.
- Besides these all features, you will get 3 years of warranty which is amazing.
Design of HT2050A
Though BenQ HT2050A is a very powerful home theater projector with full HD picture quality, still BenQ utilizes the latest DLP chip and parts to make it compact and light.
On the top of the projector, you will get a bunch of buttons and dials to control the projector.
The sides of the projector contain scream ventilations, however, you can access lots of connections on the back.
The front side of the projector contains a large lens and small ventilation on the side for the speaker.
On the bottom of the projector, you will get 3 adjustable legs to place it safely.
Connections and Controls
- A bunch of buttons and dials with a backlight remote control.
- 2 HDMI ports- (1.4a/HDCP1.4)
- Audio input and output (3.5mm mini audio jack)
- 12v DC trigger.
- USB 1.5A.
- Mini USB for service only.
- VGA in Dsub-15pin.
- Rs232 DB-8pin.
- Component and composite RCAs
Performance of BenQ HT2050A
BenQ combines the latest technologies, to make this projector more reliable with super detailed picture quality. The latest DLP chip with a wider color gamut provides a theater-like experience at home.
Though this projector does not support 4k you can explore full HD content with improved brightness, contrast ratio, and black levels.
The overall color and picture quality of this projector is mind-blowing even in modes of ambient environment.
Also, it comes with a low latency mode to provide you improved gaming experience as compared to the previous model, still, if you are a hardcore gamer you may not get satisfaction.
Furthermore, it comes with 3D compatibility and a powerful speaker to explore a flicker-free 3D experience in your home.
HT2050A Also has lots of preset modes like Cinema, Gaming, Music, etc. you can enjoy professional calibration.
Besides its midrange price, you will get versatile connections and controls to operate your consoles, android TVs, etc.
If you are hunting for the best projector under 1000 with full HD picture quality, durable lamp, sufficient lumens and contrast ratio with huge projection power this is for you.
This tiny beast can project up to 300 inches of flawless image quality without sacrificing the colors and details; you will hardly find Rainbow effects.
Though this projector doesn’t have 4K support, still it comes with a full HD display, 3D support, and low latency mode. Low latency mode is solely for gamers, you will get a banding and compression-free gaming experience with ultra-smooth frames.
According to the experts, this is the best projector for the money, because of its modern features, crisp and clear picture quality, versatile confections and controls, and 3D support.
6. Xgimi H2 4K 1080p HD Smart Projector
Xgimi H2 4K 1080p Review
Xgimi H2 is a native 1080p home theater projector with 4k and 3d support, you will get mind-blowing 1080p picture quality with crispy details and deeper blacks.
This home theater projector comes in a premium shape like an aluminum box with a sound adjustment bar and buttons on the top.
Furthermore, it can provide you with 300 inches big screen without compromising the colors, brightness, and details.
H2 also comes with a native app with an easy interface to operate multiple streaming apps like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, downloading apps from Aptoide, etc.
Xgimi integrates dual 16 watts powerful speaker with Harman Kardon to produce super accurate, vibrant, and clear sound quality.
Why choose Xgimi H2
- This home theater projector comes with the latest DLP chip to provide super accurate colors, decent brightness, deeper blacks with fabulous details. Even in 4k mode, you will get satisfying results.
- Xgimi H2 also supports 3D content with flicker-free picture quality, you will get 3D glasses with a charging cable to charge and utilize them.
- Its full HD performance is tremendous in the dark environment, you will blow away to see the details colors, sharpness, and blacks of this projector.
- It can project up to 300 inches of flawless screen.
- H2 comes with 1350 ANSI lumens which are 200%+ more powerful than ordinary lumens, you will surely get satisfying results in modes ambient environment.
- Xgimi H2 comes with motion compensation technology to increase the clarity in fast scenes you will hardly find blurring effects.
- Autofocus technology is added to adjust focus automatically.
- Auto keystone correction is available, you can correct each corner with one click, you don’t need to correct it manually.
- Xgimi also utilizes the most powerful Mstar 838 CPU with cortex A-53 structure, high-performance Mali T820MP3 GPU, 2GB Ram, and 16 Gb Rom to smoothen your gaming and streaming experience.
- Also, H2 has dual 2.4/5Ghz Wi-Fi and a 4.0 Bluetooth connection to ensure smooth buffer-free streaming.
- It comes with dual 16 watts powerful speaker with Harman Kardon to produce 3D sound with clear and vibrant sound quality.
- Flexible connection and controls to add lots of audio outputs, USB, dongles, etc.
- The lens of H2 is covered with a cap to protect it from scratches.
- Xgimi comes with a native streaming service with thousands of apps like Netflix YouTube, Hulu, etc. also its user interface is very simple and lag-free.
- Xgimi provides 12 months of warranty with lifetime technical support with this projector.
H2 is a lightweight and compact projector with a premium shape that can be blend with your interior decor perfectly.
The upper side of this projector has a volume bar with multiple buttons and the side of the projector has aluminum speaker grills.
The font contains a large lens covered with a door, IR glasses sensor, and a Harmon Kardon logo. However, you will get lots of connection and control on the back with adequate ventilation.
On the bottom, you will get a few adjustable legs and Harmon Kardon.
Overall the design of this projector is mind-blowing with a premium aluminum frame.
Connections and Controls
- Remote control and multiple buttons and a volume bar at the top.
- One USB 2.0.
- One USB 3.0.
- Mini Audio output jack.
- Two HDMI Ports.
- Ethernet Connection.
- DC input.
Performance Xgimi H2
This is a native 1080p projector that supports 4k as well but, please don’t compare its 4k performance with native 4k projectors.
The overall 1080p performance of this projector is up to the mark with supernatural colors, sufficient brightness, deeper black, and contrast.
The manufacturer has claimed that its 1350 ANSI lumens are way more powerful than ordinary Lumens and can work in the ambient environment but according to over experiments, it can work in the slightly ambient environment, not in the full ambient room.
However, the 4k and 3d performance is average not comparable with high-end projectors.
The sound quality of H2 is mind-blowing, its 16 watts dual speakers with Harmon Kardon will provide clear, and loud sound with balanced bass.
Though this projector comes with android 6.1, still its built-in native app has a simple and user-friendly interface with thousands of apps including Netflix, Hulu, etc.
H2 acts like a mini-computer because of high-performance Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, processor, GPU, ram, and Rom as well. You will hardly find crashing and buffering.
Its lamp life is amazing, the manufacturer has claimed that it can last for 30,000 hours, however, in the high-performance mode it will last for about 15,000.
If you are hunting for the best projector under 1000 with compact size, bright and clear display with the most powerful sound system this is for you.
Though this is a native 1080p projector, still it comes with 4k support and motion compensations technology to reduce blurring effects.
Though it doesn’t have the latest android system you will get a native app with android 6.1, lots of apps, and streamings.
Also, you will get 3D support with IR glass out of the box just you have to charge it before using it.
When it comes to the ports this beast has 2 HDMI, 2 USB ports, a mini audio jack, and other ports to add multiple things.
7. ViewSonic PJD7828HDL-3200 Lumens Full HD 1080p Shorter Throw Home Theater Projector
ViewSonic PJD7828HDL Review
ViewSonic Shorter Throw Home Theater Projector comes with super color IPS match with 3200 lumens to provide theater like experience even on a huge screen of 300 inches.
Viewsonic utilizes the latest DLP dark chip 3 with a wider color gamut to provide a native 1080p with crisp, clear, and most detailed picture quality.
Though this projector comes with a mid-range price tag, still it provides you 3D compatibility, you just need to wear DLP link glasses.
Moreover, its user interface and design are mind-blowing with lots of ports to integrate anything.
Also, it comes with powerful Sonic technology to enhance the bass and clarity of sound.
Why choose ViewSonic 3200 Lumens
- Provide a huge screen from a short distance with impressive clarity, details, and brightness with deeper blacks.
- ViewSonic native 1080p comes with a dark DLP 3 chip to produce beautiful sharp and bright picture quality even in a modest ambient environment. You will feel the real cinematic colors.
- The dark DLP 3 technology combines with super color IPS match technology to provide cinematic colors like IPS display. The proprietary color wheel coatings, high-precision chromatic adjustments, and advanced optics-grade materials of super color IPS match provide head-to-head IPS match display.
- ViewSonic Native 1080p home theater projector comes with breathtaking brightness of 3200 lumens that can work even in modest ambient as well.
- Two built-in 10 watts speakers to fill your room with clear and loud music. The new powerful sonic technology is powerful enough to fill your room with pleasant sounds.
- Flexible connection and controls with two 3d ready HDMI inputs, USB 2.0, micro USB, etc.
- Programmable remote control with a lot of shortcuts and buttons to control the whole projector.
- Project 3D content with flicker-free images, you just need to wear DLP link glasses.
- PJD7828HDL also adds discreet wireless streaming, you will get a hidden compartment with an MHL/HDMI where a ViewSonic wireless dongle is integrated to enjoy discreetly streaming.
Design of ViewSonic 1080p PJD7828HDL
The design of this projector is mind-blowing with a lightweight frame; you will find some buttons and dials on the top to control the focus, zoom, and other things of a projector.
On the bottom, you will find 3 adjustable legs to place at any angle.
The front of this projector has a large lens with adequate ventilation on the corner; however, the back of this projector has all essential ports.
The sides of ViewSonic have scram ventilation for the speaker.
We have also written a buying guide on top projectors under 200 you can choose from there if you have slightly lower budget
Connections and controls of ViewSonic PJD7828HDL
- USB 2.0 Type-A.
- USB mini only for Service.
- HDMI 1.4 In.
- HDMI MHL (separate comportment is allocated).
- 3.5 mm audio input.
- Control Rs-223.
- VGA output.
- RGB input.
- Composite RCA Video in.
- S-video In.
Performance of ViewSonic 1080p
The video performance of this projector is amazing even in the daytime because it comes with 3200 lumens super color IPS match and dark DLP technology to balance the colors even at high brightness.
You may find green bias and posterization on the brightest modes like video, film, etc. during the daytime but it is completely acceptable and way lower than other competitors.
Also, you can improve these things by lowering the colors but you will find a noticeable change in brightness.
Moreover, it comes with a 16.4 ms input lag, average gamers will defiantly impressed by its gaming performance but if you are a hardcore gamer you may not get satisfactory results.
The fan noise of this projector is a bit loud even in eco mode, on the high-performance mode, you may distract.
PJD7828HDL comes with a durable and high-performance lamp that can be last for 10,000 hours on super ECO mode.
Also, its speaker’s quality is enough to fill your room, still, if you are a music lover you can connect your audio system as well.
If you are looking for a native 1080p home theater projector with flexible connections and controls, breathtaking brightness, and natural colors this is for you.
The super color IPS match will provide you with IPS match colors even in modes ambient room, however, in a dark cave, you will be blown away to see the performance of this beauty.
Though it comes with an ordinary 60Hz display, still its input lag is 16.4ms which is perfect for adventure games.
Overall this is one of the best projectors under 1000 bucks.
8. LG PF50KA Portable Full HD LED Smart Home Theater CineBeam Projector
LG PF50KA Review
This is the most compact and portable projector from LG that comes with full HD 1080p, versatile connections, LG web OS, and an ultra-durable laser lamp with 30,000 hours of life.
PF50KA is the best portable home theater projector under 1000 with ultra-compact size, a durable battery that can last for 2-2.5 hours, wireless screen share, and many more to enhance your camping experience.
Moreover, it comes with the latest DLP technology with a mind-blowing contrast ratio to provide real cinematic colors without rainbowing effects.
Also, it offers plug and play, just you need to connect a USB to play content directly from your USB, it’s a lifesaving feature for those who want to deliver presentations during traveling.
Why choose LG PF50KA
- Extremely portable size with multiple features, full HD 1080p resolutions, wireless connectivity, built-in speaker, etc. to enhance your camping journey.
- DLP technology to project sharp, bright, and detailed picture quality even on 100 inches screen.
- PF50KA comes with 600 ANSI lumens and a 100,000:1 contrast ratio to provide top-notch picture quality with decent brightness and blacks.
- Long-lasting LED with 30,000 hours of life with an instant startup, it doesn’t require pre-heating like other lamp-based projectors.
- Built-in LG smart TV with an extremely easy user interface to explore premium content including, YouTube, Hulu, etc.
- Comes with various preset modes including vivid, sports, etc. to enjoy expert calibrations.
- Built-in long-lasting lithium-ion battery with 2.5 hours of life.
- Built-in 1 watt speaker and 1 watt stereo with average sound quality, in case you don’t have your sound system you can utilize it as well.
- Wireless versatility to project content from your mobile phone, laptop, or tablet. Also, you can connect your sound system through Bluetooth.
- Auto vertical keystone correction to fit your screen vertically.
- USB type-A to play content directly from your USB storage.
- Remote control to navigate faster and adjust anything from focus to zoom.
- Though this projector is compact enough to carry it with a single hand, still it comes with lots of connections including two HDMIs, USB ports, audio output, etc.
- An extremely noiseless mechanism, on the eco mood it produces noise of about 23dB, however, on high brightness mode, it produces about 30dB.
Design of LG PF50KA
PF50KA is an extremely good-looking portable projector with minimalist buttons on the top and a few adjustable lags on the bottom.
The front side of this projector has a cool lens; however, the backside contains lots of connections to new things.
The sides of PF50KA have scream ventilations for speakers.
Connections and Controls of LG PF50KA
- It comes with a fully functional remote control and a few buttons and a focusing dial on the top.
- 2 HDMI ports.
- ON/OFF switch.
- Ethernet port.
- Audio output.
- USB type-A.
- Type C USB port.
- RF IN.
- DC input.
Performance of LG PF50KA
The full HD resolution of this projector is mind-blowing with natural colors, an amazing contrast ratio with average lumens.
Though this projector comes with 600 ANSI lumens, still it works perfectly in a dark cave, however, in harsh ambient light, you may not get a satisfactory performance.
Also, you will get slightly lesser video quality by increasing the screen size from 100 inches.
When it comes to the connection, this tiny beast is packed with lots of HDMI ports, USB ports, Audio output, etc. also, it has a wireless streaming option, you can connect your cell phone, laptop, Bluetooth speakers, etc.
Moreover, it has LG webOS with LG smart TV, multiple apps, browsing functionality, etc. with an extremely easy interface.
The gaming performance of this projector is normal in terms of input lag, as this projector, doesn’t have a higher refresh rate.
The speakers quality of this projector is below average you can utilize it during camping or on any other occasions when you don’t have your own audio system, but we recommend you integrate your audio system.
The battery performance of PF50KA is satisfactory; you will get up to 2.5 hours of battery backup with a single charge.
LG has built this projector to facilitate travelers with mind-blowing picture quality, extremely portable design, built-in speaker, and batteries.
Due to versatile connections and controls your camping experience will be amazing, you can play content right from your USB or you can use wireless streaming.
Also, its built-in webOS is very easy to operate with multiple streaming like YouTube, Hulu, etc.
Overall this is a complete package for travelers with an extremely compact design, multiple connections, and controls, easy to operate, durable LED with a crisp and clear display.
Things should be considered before buying the Best Projector Under 1000
Typically the best screen size for a home theater projector is 100-120 inches, though lots of projectors provide you 100-300 inches, still we recommend you to operate on a 100-150 inches screen to get maximum performance in terms of brightness, colors, and blacks.
Most of the home theater projectors under 1000 bucks come with native 1080p resolutions with all other functionalities like wider color gamut, deeper blacks, and breathtaking brightness.
Though there are some 4k projectors as well, still 1080p projectors are in the Majority.
We suggest you get maximum benefits by purchasing a 4k capable projector it will allow you to play both SDR and HDR content with decent picture quality; however you have the option to play 1080p content as well.
We have listed some of the best 4k home theater projectors under 1000, let’s have a look at our list.
Color accuracy is the spinal cord of the projectors, a cheap quality projector that provides rainbowing effects and muted colors will ruin your excitement. Projectors lovers are very sensitive about color accuracy.
We suggest you get a projector with a wider color gamut with the latest projection technologies to avoid unnatural colors, rainbow effects, dull tones, etc.
A good quality projector will provide you brilliant colors even at any angle.
We can’t expect brilliant 3D quality under 1000 bucks still you will get an average 3D quality in almost all projectors under 1000.
HDR 10 capable:
HDR 10 (high dynamic range) will provide you with vivid colors with adequate sharpness and details. HDR is smart enough to enhance the colors, blacks, contrast, brightness, and details to get a more enjoyable experience.
Individual pixel has a wider color gamut in HDR mode to provide top-notch shadows and details, as HDR tries to provide realistic colors.
HDR is the plus point for a projector you should select the one with HDR to get a mind-blowing experience.
Though HDR technology isn’t mature now lots of industries like amazon, Netflix are working hard to produce HDR content in the future.
Learn more about HDR from here
Lamp technology and its life:
There are the following types of lamps available in the projector.
- Bulb lamp:
Bulb lamp is an old-school technology with lots of demerits like short life span, longer startup time, and expensive to replace as well.
- LED lamp:
Led lost longer than bulb and can start within seconds, overall LED is much more reliable in terms of cost, life span with zero maintenance.
- Laser lamp:
Laser lamp is super bright with instant startup and longer life span, laser technology is the best technology available in the market.
If you want to know about these technologies in detail click here.
The brightness of projectors is typically measured in lumens, the higher the lumens brighter the image you will get.
According to our survey, some people don’t like high brightness because they are going to use it in a dark cave; however, some want it because they are going to use it in ambient light.
2500-3000 lumens are sufficient for a projector to perform well in a modest ambient environment.
The higher the contrast ratio brightener the white image as compared to the dark image, the contrast ratio is responsible to enhances the details of picture quality. If the contrast ratio is lower you will get shady images.
Learn more about the contrast ratio here.
Purpose of getting projector:
There is always a reason to purchase a new thing; you must know why you are purchasing a projector, whether you are going to use it in indoor or outdoor conditions.
If you are an indoor user a normal bright projector will provide you with decent picture quality however if you are going to use it in a modest ambient environment you have to find a projector with at least 2500 lumens.
Moreover, if you want a projector for gaming makes sure to check out the input lag, low input lag may not satisfy you if you are a hardcore gamer, go for at least 120 Hz refresh rate if your sole purpose is gaming.
A projector should have versatile connections, so that we can add multiple things like gaming consoles, sound systems, USBs, etc.
Compact design with adequate ventilation:
A projector with a small size will help you to cover the minimum space in your room and can enhance your trip experience as well. Also, adequate ventilation will cool down the projector and protect it from burning any internal parts.
Though bulky projectors are not bad in fact they are more powerful than JVCs projectors but if you have an option to select a compact projector with ideal performance go for it.
Though we have provided you a list of the best projector under 1000 and a detailed buying guide, still the selection of projector solely depends on you whether you want a compact or bulky unit with high or low lumens, etc.
Buying a projector under 1000 isn’t an easy task but we make it easy for you, you just need to select one from our list with your desired features or you can read our buying guide to get detailed ideas.
Share with your close ones to support us